New Washburn 7 string, not announced at Namm

• Thread starter OrsusMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
dude you played amazing in that video. im jealous.

Thanks man! :)

Also, the strings actually aren't the 14-80 gauge. They are a normal set of 10s. :lol: 14-80 would be outrageous!

I still haven't heard anything on if there will be more. I'll check today as I'm heading up to the store.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure. You can always email Jon though with the email I have listed on the first post.

dark_slayer

Reaction score
He had 2 that were returns, I just bought one of them someone else had all ready bought the other.
He said there will be more coming in an estimated 3 months.

By the way Jon is a cool guy. We talked for about 30 min. I feel confident buying from him.

Cant wait till it gets here. :hbang:

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Anyone thought of installing a trem in it or maybe even I normal fixed bridge?

Some people thought about it. I don't have any issue with mine though.

I was at my store yesterday and I saw 2 more up there! Someone buy them so I'm not so tempted to get another.

Reaction score
So now im perplexed if i should get this last one or a rg7321...
decisions decisions....
EDIT:
i say get the last one cause i emailed jon asking when/if more are truley coming and he said "the last one" is on ebay. i may have to get it asap when i get home.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
So now im perplexed if i should get this last one or a rg7321...
decisions decisions....
EDIT:
i say get the last one cause i emailed jon asking when/if more are truley coming and he said "the last one" is on ebay. i may have to get it asap when i get home.

This thing beats the living shit out of a 7321. I have a super modded 7321. And while I love my 7321, I prefer the wm7 because of it's woods and the fingerboard. I think it sounds better than my super modded 7321, too. So know that a stock 7321 will pale in comparison to the wm7. Get it!

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd say get this instead of a 7321 also. I've tried a couple 7321's, and the old import Washburn 7's shit all over it (WG587 I think was the model?).

I've been e-mailing around and apparently the Washburn CS does not do one off's anymore. I inquired about getting a USA one built, with an OFR and the carbon glass epoxy composite board. I guess they only do small runs now. Don't suppose 11 of you guys want to hop in on getting some made? :lol: My WM526 is fucking top notch, I really wish I could get it as a 7.

Reaction score
^^^^
i would buy it RIGHT NOW but i need to talk to my aunt before i make any order (damn being 17)
@orsusmetal any chance you could hold it until i figure out if i can get it?? hahaha. im joking (unless you actually can)

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Hold off? There's no way I'm going to find 11 other people willing to spend $3k+ (maybe as high as $4k, not sure) on a USA Washburn :lol: I mean sure, I can add you tentatively to a list of people that might be interested, but in reality I highly doubt this will ever happen.

Reaction score
Hold off? There's no way I'm going to find 11 other people willing to spend $3k+ (maybe as high as $4k, not sure) on a USA Washburn :lol: I mean sure, I can add you tentatively to a list of people that might be interested, but in reality I highly doubt this will ever happen.
oh shit. the holding off was mostly to orsus since he works where this special washburn is hahaha. sorry my bad jj. ill edit my post naow.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Oops, my bad :lol:

Like I say though, small runs are NEVER easy to get off the ground, and there's also the issue of getting them to do the Parker fretboard on a 7, which I doubt they will. If you go over to JCF, they try to get a fuck ton of small runs going, and 95% of them never see the light of day.

Reaction score
Oops, my bad :lol:

Like I say though, small runs are NEVER easy to get off the ground, and there's also the issue of getting them to do the Parker fretboard on a 7, which I doubt they will. If you go over to JCF, they try to get a fuck ton of small runs going, and 95% of them never see the light of day.
why would they not do that fretboard on a 7? too expensive?

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Probably, and this IS the same company that owns Parker we're talking about, they guys who have refused to make a 7 string for years :lol:

I just don't see it happening, although I would fucking love it if it did, even in the remote possibility I COULD find 11 other people who were willing to agree on specs.

Reaction score
Probably, and this IS the same company that owns Parker we're talking about, they guys who have refused to make a 7 string for years :lol:

I just don't see it happening, although I would fucking love it if it did, even in the remote possibility I COULD find 11 other people who were willing to agree on specs.
yeah.. well id be down but im afraid i barely have enough money for this $400 washburn that im GASing over so bad that the current room i am in smells like a mixture of man and shit and win. in that order.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
^^^^
i would buy it RIGHT NOW but i need to talk to my aunt before i make any order (damn being 17)
@orsusmetal any chance you could hold it until i figure out if i can get it?? hahaha. im joking (unless you actually can)

If I was on the sales staff I might be able to, but I'm just a teacher at the store. I don't get commission or anything for this. I just fucking love these guitars and am trying to help push them a bit so they might make more. :metal:

Now, there were 2 there the other day when I was up there, but they weren't on the floor, they were in the back. So I assumed they were for sale. They might already be spoken for.

There has been another order put in for these though, so even if these 2 go, you'll probably be able to get another. I was told the next order was a very short run as well. Same amount as before, but he has no idea when they will be ready.

We are the only place you'll get these 7 strings too. Jon told me that they were exclusive to us. So if you're wanting one, I wouldn't suggest waiting around. These guitars aren't going to be something you can just buy anywhere whenever you feel like it. I have no idea how long they will keep doing these.

So anyways, to answer your question, I can't. :lol: If you call the store or email Jon you could talk to him and see what you can work out. I know the store has layaway and you can hold the guitar with some money down.

Latest posts

')