New Washburn 7 string, not announced at Namm

• Thread starter OrsusMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If I was on the sales staff I might be able to, but I'm just a teacher at the store. I don't get commission or anything for this. I just fucking love these guitars and am trying to help push them a bit so they might make more. :metal:

Now, there were 2 there the other day when I was up there, but they weren't on the floor, they were in the back. So I assumed they were for sale. They might already be spoken for.

There has been another order put in for these though, so even if these 2 go, you'll probably be able to get another. I was told the next order was a very short run as well. Same amount as before, but he has no idea when they will be ready.

We are the only place you'll get these 7 strings too. Jon told me that they were exclusive to us. So if you're wanting one, I wouldn't suggest waiting around. These guitars aren't going to be something you can just buy anywhere whenever you feel like it. I have no idea how long they will keep doing these.

So anyways, to answer your question, I can't. :lol: If you call the store or email Jon you could talk to him and see what you can work out. I know the store has layaway and you can hold the guitar with some money down.

Well my aunt says "i waste money" (birthday/christmas mind you) with all these guitars i buy. when the last one i got was 6 months ago for around $400 (my sc-207) so idk if i can get it yet. :(
:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
It sold for $50 less than new too. Someone got a decent deal on it.

dark_slayer

Reaction score
Got mine today and..........omg! its a killer guitar. I cant believe it was that cheap.
Worth every penny and some. Just needs new pick ups, but the ones in there dont suck. All I need to do is lower the tom a little bit. Alot better looking in person. Thanks Orsus for starting this thread:bowdown: It is the perfect guitar for me.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Got mine today and..........omg! its a killer guitar. I cant believe it was that cheap.
Worth every penny and some. Just needs new pick ups, but the ones in there dont suck. All I need to do is lower the tom a little bit. Alot better looking in person. Thanks Orsus for starting this thread:bowdown: It is the perfect guitar for me.

:wub:

Glad you like it man! I love mine. They are insane guitars and they could definitely be charging more for them. I changed the pickups on mine and set it up the way I like and it SLAYS every other guitar I have. The first day I got mine, I instantly wanted a 2nd one.

Anyways, post clips!!

dark_slayer

Reaction score
Anyways, post clips!!
Well once I get a rig set up I might make a video. But for now I need to practice. I haven't owned a guitar in about 4 years. But I still got it.

Just noticed the volume knob makes noise when I turn it. Like nails on a chalk bored (With distortion on) so i need to replace that. Still no biggy. I wander if Jon would hook we up with one he might have laying around.

EDIT: I moved the tom down and now it feels so good, best action I have ever felt. I was worried that if I went down as far as I wanted to frets would start buzzing, but nope not even close. Also Jon was right when he told me the TOM is comfortable. Theirs not 1 sharp or uncomfortable spot on it.

dark_slayer

Reaction score

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 543

dark_slayer

Reaction score
Try emailing Jon at sales@funkymunkymusic.com
I thought that they were all sold out, but I emailed him and managed to get one that someone returned. It was still new. But he said it would be a couple of months till more come in. There are more on the way.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Try emailing Jon at sales@funkymunkymusic.com
I thought that they were all sold out, but I emailed him and managed to get one that someone returned. It was still new. But he said it would be a couple of months till more come in. There are more on the way.

Yep! Just email Jon and he'll let you know what is up. I don't think there are anymore right now, but Jon would know better than I would. Hit him up! :metal:

dark_slayer

Reaction score
Have a new pack of strings ready, cause the ones on mine were really bad. I put some DRs on it and it was good to go. Maybe the guy you got it from all ready got a new set on it idk.

NeoTheMaggot

Reaction score
what gauge do you recommend? also what company strings to recommend for a 7 string? it's been years since i've had to buy any.

dark_slayer

Reaction score
I use 9s, but that's really personal preference. Mose people here use heavy gauge like 10s or 11s.

')