NEW WEIRD/HEAVY BULB ROUGH IDEAS/CLIPS (Podxt/Dfhs/M7)

• Thread starter bulb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
hey dudes,

since i havent uploaded any brand new ideas in a bit and i might not have time to upload or work on more for a little bit (mainly cuz of the Periphery EP) i figured i would share a couple ideas im workin on right now. these ideas are so rough that i really have no idea how they will turn out or if they will be Bulb or Periphery songs or what or even if they will see the light of day.
But hey thats half the fun now aint it!
btw I am using the carvin with the lundgren m7 in both clips, but neither song has been mixed...

So here i present to you 2 clips:
"Prerequisite"
"Halfway to Infinity"

You can check em out at: www.soundclick.com/bulb
they are the first two songs on the music list
"Prerequisite" is set to play by default.

Enjoy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oguz286

Reaction score
Brutal \m/

I don't use this sig for nothing :D

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Awesome stuff man.. Who else is waiting until Bulb makes it big? :D

I love your tone (as always) for Prerequisite. I have no idea you get it your pod to have that "cunk cunk" sound, but awwww.. lol

bulb

Reaction score
thanks guys!
if you are talking about the sound i think you are talking about, its just the sound i aim for, sticking the fx boost + eq in the stomp section of almost any high gain amp on the podxt will help give it that sound. Also the pickups play a very large part in that sound as well!

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
just crushing, all these sick pod xt recordings are making me want one...

can you give me some insight into your settings? maybe that can help me dial in the vamp a little better, since i can't afford a pod xt yet :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Prerequisite had much cooler tones imo.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Why the fuck aren't you signed yet?!? You should administering metal on stage nightly followed up with plenty of tales regarding snorting coke off gargantuan fake groupie titties. :lol:

Excellent stuff as always! What settings are you using on the FX Boost + EQ?

bulb

Reaction score
hey thanks a lot guys, the tones in these songs are ok, but if they were mixed and recorded properly i might be a bit happier with them, that will of course happen eventually!
for fx boost i usually keep the gain pretty low like 38 or so (changes constantly) the treble and mid freq are at 50, the bass is usually around 30 and the mid level changes depending on the pickup but anywhere from 70-90, and then i set the amp to its crunchiest setting, not the gainiest...

Roundhouse_Kick

Reaction score
Shannon said:
Why the fuck aren't you signed yet?!? You should administering metal on stage nightly followed up with plenty of tales regarding snorting coke off gargantuan fake groupie titties. :lol:

+ 1 , great stuff again!

bulb

Reaction score
you know regarding record labels, i have had a few offers, but from very small or start up labels, like the kind that sign you without a contract, or local labels, and i really just dont want to sign with one of those. I have been doing my research, and i am approaching this much like i would apply for university. I want a midsize label that still has lots of resources and money and yet has people that care about more than just dollar signs... Its a tough call, but basically im doing the Periphery EP so we can start shopping, i dont think we will be signed for a lil bit, because at this stage being signed wouldnt do us a whole lot of good (need more experience/shows under our belt). Frankly at this stage putting money in a savings account in a bank would be better than signing to a label haha. But my buddy Tosin (from reflux) is on Prosthetic, and from seeing how they treat him and reflux i think right now they are one of my "top choices". The label head is encouraging Tosin to make his twisted music which is not really marketable at all, he told him to make music HE will be proud of, which to me is amazing!

I dunno, i apologize for the big rant, but i guess i wanted your guys's opinion on labels and how to shop for them and what to look for, since that is something that im going to be doing in the near future...

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
No need to apologize, what you said makes perfect sense.

bulb

Reaction score
thanks dudes! evil is good haha!

btw have any of you heard any good or bad things about century media? its a bigger label so im a bit weary but they seem to have treated nevermore well, and jeff is gonna send the periphery ep (when its finally completed in 23 years...) to the label head which will hopefully have some influence...

Oguz286

Reaction score
bulb said:
thanks dudes! evil is good haha!

btw have any of you heard any good or bad things about century media? its a bigger label so im a bit weary but they seem to have treated nevermore well, and jeff is gonna send the periphery ep (when its finally completed in 23 years...) to the label head which will hopefully have some influence...

What the hell?! Nice to hear that man! I bet it will have influence, i mean it's friggin Jeff Loomis :D Good luck! :hbang:

Skeksis

Closed Eye Visuals
Reaction score
I can't believe how fucking amazing it is that you're friends with Jeff Loomis and he's doing you favours like this. That's awesome man.

Century Media rocks, they got a bunch of great bands that actually play metal and it seems that they let them do the music they want to do.

Behemoth, SYL, Krisiun, Satyricon, CRYPTOPSY, Dark Tranquility, FINNTROLL, Naglfar, Vital Remains and Nevermore of course are all in Century Media. I wish Opeth would've signed with them, fucking Roadrunner.

bulb

Reaction score
yeah man Jeff is just a really nice metalhead haha (and makes me want to quit guitar too...). he hit me up one day cuz this one dude showed him my soundclick site and we have been keeping in touch since, so im trying to get this demo done asap but life and work just keeps getting in the way...

thats cool about century media, thats a pretty wide range of artists!
i understand why opeth signed with roadrunner tho, unless you are already a big band it would be pointless to sign with a big label, but if you are a big/bigger band that is shopping and the label thinks you can make em money, they will offer you almost anything to join em, so why not go with the biggest label with possbly the most money/resources. Opeth have REALLY blown up since they signed, and ghost reveries was awesome in every way (since im sure that creative control was a strong stipulation of the contract).

Either way, im just gonna do this ep, send it out every which way and see what happens, maybe nothing will happen now, but we might as well try!

Skeksis

Closed Eye Visuals
Reaction score
Well, best of luck to you man, I'd love to see you get signed and I'm definitely get a Periphery album when you do.

')