New white Ibanez 7-strings RG1527M.

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Actually I may buy one and put the neck on a K7 for sure. Would look killer with blue or grey. Im actually thinking they made the headstock black because they knew we wouldnt like Basswood and that some of us may put the neck on something else, therefore leaving it the neutral color of black. Could Ibanez actually be smarter than any of us are aware of by purposefully leaving the headstock a neutral color? I do think that for every 1 person not buying it cause its Basswood there will be 5 buying it only for the neck or because it has a pretty galaxy white body. Since its Basswood and I wont need the body, I want a neutral black headstock. If the body was Mahogany, then I would want the headstock to be matching because it would remain attached.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
maple fretboard = :metal:
black headstock = :metal:
white body = :noway:
basswood body = :noway:
not caring if body is destroyed = :metal:
new alder body = :metal:
non-ibanez pickups = :metal:

seems like win to me lol

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
What is up with the basswood defense force? Just because people want something other than barebones shouldn't be seen as a negative, complain away IMO.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Good god I'm sick of the basswood negativity on this forum. It's an Ibanez, their reputation is built on the RG550, and original Jem777 series, which were all fucking basswood!

There's nothing wrong with it, and personally I think my basswood RGs stomp my mahogany Schecter for tone.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

jski7

Reaction score
Good god I'm sick of the basswood negativity on this forum. It's an Ibanez, their reputation is built on the RG550, and original Jem777 series, which were all fucking basswood!

There's nothing wrong with it, and personally I think my basswood RGs stomp my mahogany Schecter for tone.

Happens all the time, you know that :rolleyes:. Someone hears something from someone they believe to be credible, and automatically it becomes fact, and therefore their opinion. All of this occurs regardless of whether or not that person has any personal experience with the subject at hand. The Apex1/K7 inlay and Ibanez vs. Schecter debates are some prime examples of a handful of people having valid points while others pile on the bandwagon for the sake of wanting to stir the pot.

As far as the new Ibanez 7s', I'm just happy to see more options being put out there.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Oh boy, looking forward to this bad boy. :hbang:

Gonna be shipping out all my guitars to make this guitar mine, I've been dreaming for a maple necked 7 stringer for AGES. Damn Loomis is too expensive in UK for a Korean job and the thick neck = :noway:.

w00t!

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
I've been told the price. Some websites actually have prices for the gutiars.

http://voo-du.blogspot.com/2008/12/ibanez-guitars-2009.html
thanks for the link!!!

"Of particular note this year is the reintroduction in several standard models of the Super Wizard neck profile. It is advertised as an exact reproduction of the original RG550 Wizard neck from 1987 (17mm/19mm at 1st/12th fret)."

:hbang::hbang:

Anyone know what pickups are going in it yet? Or what you will be puttin in it?

The RG3570Z and RG3550Z both feature Dimarzio pickups (Tone Zone/True Velvet/Air Norton)

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
If it were made of swamp ash...
And that headstock was white...

Yeah, they never get it quite right, do they?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Meh... so close, yet so far. They do have a lot of cool new 6-string models at least.

Reaction score
And to be honest I think the headstock is better black, too much white otherwise

And you know what? I like that guitar. A white headstock would simply be too much. It looks classy right there how it is.

I think these look 12 times better with black headstocks. If the headstock was white as well, it would look like the guitar fell in a bath of bleach...just too much white/maple going on.

If it was mahogany and had a fixed bridge, I'd consider buying it.

If it had a fixed bridge and the body was mahogany, this would be the guitar to get me back into 7 strings.

damn the misleading name... I assumed with the 1527M, that it was mahogony. what the hell is that about if it doesn't denote mahog?. nice neck though.

Maybe i'm just full of shit and have a piss poor memory, but if i recall, Ibanezs' designation for mahogany bodies is "MH", not "M". I had an RG570MH years and years ago that had a mahogany body and "MH" was the designation for mahogany body.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score

That's all well and good but how many basswood 7's have they put out already? How many non-basswood 7's (other than the odd-shaped xiphos, not everyone wants an "extreme" shape for their guitar :)) does Ibanez currently have in their lineup? :nuts: It's more about choices within their lineup, or rather the lack-thereof man. I'm not complaining about the tone of basswood, I'm just sick of them sticking with that as the only RG-shaped 7 tonewood. :shrug:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly. Thats why i'd rather a Mahogany body instead of Basswood to offset this fact.

Que all the people bitching about how the type of wood doesnt affect the tone that much.

+1 That's why I was saying mahogany would be good (little warmth to keep it from getting brittle) or swamp ash which works well with the tone of a maple neck/fretboard combo on a 7-string in my experience with my last Carvin 7. :2c:

JMP2203

Reaction score

+1

jski7

Reaction score
That's all well and good but how many basswood 7's have they put out already? How many non-basswood 7's (other than the odd-shaped xiphos, not everyone wants an "extreme" shape for their guitar :)) does Ibanez currently have in their lineup? :nuts: It's more about choices within their lineup, or rather the lack-thereof man. I'm not complaining about the tone of basswood, I'm just sick of them sticking with that as the only RG-shaped 7 tonewood. :shrug:

By my count, currently, Ibanez has 4 mahogany 7s in production now, and 2 basswood 7s. Apex 1 & 2, and S7320 as well as the Xiphos are mahogany, and the 1527 and 7321 are basswood. But, to be fair, I DO prefer mahogany. I'm just happy that options are starting to appear as far as Ibanez goes. It's not all "black, black, and black, and rosewood" this year.

')