New white Ibanez 7-strings RG1527M.

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
How about an alder bodied RG7? they hardly make ANY alder gutiars at all.

I do like the guitar though. Maple boards are pretty sexy, and I do like th galaxy white. I suppose if i were to bother buying one i could throw a X2N in it. Really the only pickup i like in basswood thus far.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
By my count, currently, Ibanez has 4 mahogany 7s in production now, and 2 basswood 7s. Apex 1 & 2, and S7320 as well as the Xiphos are mahogany, and the 1527 and 7321 are basswood. But, to be fair, I DO prefer mahogany. I'm just happy that options are starting to appear as far as Ibanez goes. It's not all "black, black, and black, and rosewood" this year.

You can add a couple J-Customs to that list of Mahogany bodied RG's if you're willing to go on the foreign market too. They're not on the website, but I understand that they're still in production.

By the same token, you can also add the RG7EF2, which is basswood with EMGs.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
By my count, currently, Ibanez has 4 mahogany 7s in production now, and 2 basswood 7s. Apex 1 & 2, and S7320 as well as the Xiphos are mahogany, and the 1527 and 7321 are basswood. But, to be fair, I DO prefer mahogany. I'm just happy that options are starting to appear as far as Ibanez goes. It's not all "black, black, and black, and rosewood" this year.

I should have clarified that I meant new models (think they were changing the bevels on the Xiphos 7 but that's the only "new" mahogany 7 they're supposed to be putting out this year...) made out of mahogany. Plus the Munky sigs I don't really consider at all because they are geared towards a specific audience, one being a cheap (both in price and IMO quality) and one being pretty expensive for what it is. :shrug: The S7 is nice but I like the RG body better and was hoping they would release another RG7 that was not a sig model missing knobs or in odd paint choices. The 1527M would be awesome if they were using a different material for the body IMO, that's all I'm saying. Not bashing tone (in fact I think hardly ANYONE said anything about it sounding bad :lol:) just wishing they had more options this year rather than regurgitating the same model they always put out with a different fretboard considering it's literally just a 1527 in a different color with a maple board. You shouldn't have to import a J Custom to get a 7-string Ibanez with a maple top and a mahogany body... :lol:

jski7

Reaction score
I should have clarified that I meant new models (think they were changing the bevels on the Xiphos 7 but that's the only "new" mahogany 7 they're supposed to be putting out this year...) made out of mahogany. Plus the Munky sigs I don't really consider at all because they are geared towards a specific audience, one being a cheap (both in price and IMO quality) and one being pretty expensive for what it is. :shrug: The S7 is nice but I like the RG body better and was hoping they would release another RG7 that was not a sig model missing knobs or in odd paint choices. The 1527M would be awesome if they were using a different material for the body IMO, that's all I'm saying. Not bashing tone (in fact I think hardly ANYONE said anything about it sounding bad :lol:) just wishing they had more options this year rather than regurgitating the same model they always put out with a different fretboard considering it's literally just a 1527 in a different color with a maple board. You shouldn't have to import a J Custom to get a 7-string Ibanez with a maple top and a mahogany body... :lol:

^^^^^^^^
All true. My main deal is that it's been far too long that we've been left with no options, and now that a few are on the table, some want to bitch because they aren't to their specs. Clearly, you aren't one of those guys, as you've put up fairly solid points :cool:. My complaint lies with those who think that it's gotta be their "signature model" for it to be worthy. At any rate, a few options is a step in the right direction, we just haven't fully arrived yet.:metal:

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score

so the universe is gone? :ugh:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^
All true. My main deal is that it's been far too long that we've been left with no options, and now that a few are on the table, some want to bitch because they aren't to their specs.
Haha, I think I'm one of those people. I find at least one thing wrong with every new 7 string that Ibanez release.

S7320- Black, only 22 frets, trem
RG7321- Basswood, black
RG1527- Basswood, trem
Xiphos- Silly shape
Apex 1- Ugly finish (although I'm probably gonna get one tbh)

I just wish Ibanez would bring out a non-basswood, hardtail RG. They need to start using TOM bridges more as well.

Korngod

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, I think I'm one of those people. I find at least one thing wrong with every new 7 string that Ibanez release.

S7320- Black, only 22 frets, trem
RG7321- Basswood, black
RG1527- Basswood, trem
Xiphos- Silly shape
Apex 1- Ugly finish (although I'm probably gonna get one tbh)

I just wish Ibanez would bring out a non-basswood, hardtail RG. They need to sart using TOM bridge more as well.

the RG321 comes in mahogany i dont see why the 7321 cant :idea:

Jzbass25

Reaction score
With a white headstock I agree it would be too white. Its kinda like the earlier model of my 2570, the matching headstock made it too silver.

Basswood or Mahogany I dont really care

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^
All true. My main deal is that it's been far too long that we've been left with no options, and now that a few are on the table, some want to bitch because they aren't to their specs. Clearly, you aren't one of those guys, as you've put up fairly solid points :cool:. My complaint lies with those who think that it's gotta be their "signature model" for it to be worthy. At any rate, a few options is a step in the right direction, we just haven't fully arrived yet.:metal:

Holy shit. Post more :lol:

Stengah_2012

Back from the dead
Reaction score
-Image of RG1527M-

Shit, there goes paying off my credit cards. :lol: I'm so buying one of these, regardless of the basswood body. I'd prefer ash or alder myself, but I get the feeling they won't make this model for too long, and I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if they improve it.

')