New white Ibanez 7-strings RG1527M.

• Thread starter playstopause
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like it because it's not made from ancient chinese oak, mystical space-wood from Ganymede, which is Jupiter's largest moon, and the cross of Christ, with a truss rod made from shards of Excalibur. And the headstock doesn't match to boot. Such dissapointment.

J/k.

I don't know if I'll buy one, but it gets my :yesway:.

Solstafir

Reaction score
if the guitars plays good ans sounds mice to me, i don;t give a damn if it was plywood.
On the subject.. what would the maple board make it sound like??

(i'm in the market for an RG1527, and repainting the headstock is an option I wouldn;t mind, i like to "mess" with my guitars a lot)

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
anybody know any good ibanez dealers? :lol:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
That's all well and good but how many basswood 7's have they put out already? How many non-basswood 7's (other than the odd-shaped xiphos, not everyone wants an "extreme" shape for their guitar :)) does Ibanez currently have in their lineup? :nuts: It's more about choices within their lineup, or rather the lack-thereof man. I'm not complaining about the tone of basswood, I'm just sick of them sticking with that as the only RG-shaped 7 tonewood. :shrug:

I'm just saying not to be surprised, this is Ibanez. 90% of all the RGs ever are made out of basswood.

Aren't both Korn models mahogany? And the S7320? That would mean there are more MH(4) 7s from Ibanez than basswood(3) ones.

I don't have a problem with people liking mahogany over basswood, but the whining and "fail" mentality is crap.

The lack of any extended scale 7 at all from them in the US is a far bigger deal than an RG being basswood, IMO.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
man the guitar's expensive enough, I want a deal :lol: not to actually pay list price

Pay with cash and its cheaper lol, but the real question you have to ask yourself is, do I just want another guitar with factory setup >_< or do I want a guitar that may be a little more expensive than what musician's friend sells but has locking studs, amazing fret dress and the best overall setup and feel of any guitar I have owned.

To me thats an easy choice but I guess before I got my Rg2570 from him I was skeptical, but the Jemsiters swore by him so I went for it and I've never been happier.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
If I were actually going to get one (and probably quite a few others) I'd get a body made of a wood worth something made for me (or do it myself) so the setup would be a waste.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, Rich is an authorized dealer now.

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
')