New Whitechapel Album

• Thread starter stevo1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
i just hate the whole thing over deathmetal and deathcore crap. its all metal, to me. if it sounds good, who cares. why should all the metal heads in the world fight over whats metal or not, instead of fighting pop or some other stuff. just with the comment about actual death metal, it kinda pisses me off, its all pretty much death metal. stupid genre wars.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
i just hate the whole thing over deathmetal and deathcore crap. its all metal, to me. if it sounds good, who cares. why should all the metal heads in the world fight over whats metal or not, instead of fighting pop or some other stuff. just with the comment about actual death metal, it kinda pisses me off, its all pretty much death metal. stupid genre wars.

I actually agree with this. Yes, it all stems from metal, and yes, in this case, it's all death, but when you mention deathcore, it's more about how the said bands songs are written. Whitechapel tends to hype up a few breakdowns, making them just as core as the next. Most people would say Whitechapel is the best deathcore band. Being a deathmetal fan, I'd say Whitechapel should be the ONLY deathcore band. They're the only ones who can keep real deathmetal heads interested.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
deathcore is a pretty stupid term. its actual definition is pretty much death metal with breakdowns, which even before all this deathcore stuff came out, alot of death metal bands employed breakdowns, or time shifts into their music, to keep things interesting. i hate how the media tags all these stupid names to everything, to better identify it, when really they are hurting the music itself. like if we labeled a death metal band deathcore, im pretty sure it would lose some fanage, because of the ties it has to hardcore, with the breakdowns. i say it shouldnt matter, if its metal, its metal, and if its not, its not. clear as day! back to topic!

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
And in my opinion, whitechapel doesnt really havve any breakdowns in a new era of corruption, the closest thing is the parts in murder sermon, but it really doesnt change the songs timing, so i dont necessarily count it as one. they've changed, like with the first album, they had identifiable breakdowns, but they atleast were almost all original sounding. and with this is exile, they had less, maybe like three songs (this is exile, eternal refuge, possibly messiahbolical and to all that are dead), so i think they are slowly moving into straight death metal.:hbang: RANT! lol

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Well, yes they do. A breakdown is exactly what the name suggests. They break down the time and tempo of the song.

3:06 :agreed:

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
I read in an interview .... they do not care what you call them... They did not count the breakdowns to aim for a specific genre.. If you want to count them,..... fine. I view them as metal. Way more brutal and dark than most "core" ish labeled music.

eric86

Reaction score
The reason whitechapel keeps me interested is because they breakdowns seem to be more like that of suffocation or nile, and they are an awesome band. They deliver live, have killer tone and are great musicians. As far as the whole deathcore vs death metal thing goes, who cares. If a death metal band can include some breakdowns in their stuff then go ahead, i just hate it when shitty metalcore bands play songs centred around crappy breakdowns put a pig squealing scene pussy doing inhales on the stage.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
yeah, they seamlessly include the breakdowns, so that even though its slowed down, it fits extremely well, but they usually do them atthe end of their song, kind of as an outro i've noticed.

Blackhearted

Reaction score
^^ *coughSuicideSilencecough* Seriously, I hate that band quite a bit, but somehow I've managed to see them twice. Unbelievable. But as for Whitechapel, I tried to get into their music before, but couldn't do it until this album. This record is killer. Crushing without being claustrophobic. And the vocals!

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
^^ *coughSuicideSilencecough* Seriously, I hate that band quite a bit, but somehow I've managed to see them twice. Unbelievable. But as for Whitechapel, I tried to get into their music before, but couldn't do it until this album. This record is killer. Crushing without being claustrophobic. And the vocals!

haha very true! alot of these bands are playing their songs, and *wait*... *waita minute* *oh god* breakdown in the middle of the song. ruins the groove sometimes. hahahaha:shred:

brodjentle

Reaction score
Not really? That's the only reference you had to bad lyrics, which Vincent from The Acacia Strain wrote and sang. Fail.

I love the whole album, quite honestly.

its still shitty no matter who wrote it... and the new acacia strain sucks i.e. tactical nuke as a song name loller gay...

TreWatson

A HUGE FREAKING WEEABOO
Reaction score
thisthreadagain.jpg

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me, I find that everytime I play a Whitechapel CD I get more and more into it. A New Era of Corruption is a fucking solid CD IMO.

Whitechapel is one of VERY FEW bands these days that I actually have found interest in. :metal:

Reaction score
You can tell they're trying to branch out from their older sound... the 7 string Drop A chugfest... They're trying new things, and I'm happy about that... but there's still tons of mindless chugging and forgettable songs all over the cd.

There are a few good songs though, and I like hearing them playing some leads and little clean breaks now and then...

')