New Whitechapel Album

• Thread starter stevo1
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
So, after a month or so being out, what are your guy's opinions of the new Whitechapel album, "A New Era of Corruption"? The first time for me, it blew my mind, but i didn't think it was better than "This is Exile", but after a while, i began to catch all the nuances of the music, and now i believe its leaps and bounds better! Their sound has definitely evolved, but in a good way, and is still very Whitechapel-y sounding. Thats mine, and now i'd like to hear yours. :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
So, after a month or so being out, what are your guy's opinions of the new Whitechapel album, "A New Era of Corruption"? The first time for me, it blew my mind, but i didn't think it was better than "This is Exile", but after a while, i began to catch all the nuances of the music, and now i believe its leaps and bounds better! Their sound has definitely evolved, but in a good way, and is still very Whitechapel-y sounding. Thats mine, and now i'd like to hear yours. :metal:

I think it's way better than "This Is Exile". I think it's a really good album over all, and brutal as fuck:metal:

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
yeah! but the only thing that This is Exile has over the new album, is when whichever guitarist does like higher note kinds of things on the guitar, it sounds a little better, more evil perhaps. hahaha, like the song possesion, the first verse, where the rhythm guitar is just beating out the palm mutes, and there is the other guitarist playing a higher pitched lead part, it sounds chaotic, but with the new album, its more fluid, like single file to dehumanization. other than that yeah!

eric86

Reaction score
It took me a couple of listens to decide if it was better than exile, but imo it is a huge step forward! The song writing is excellent, and the production is killer. Best guitar tone and we all know phils vocals are fucking ridiculously awesome

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I don't personally like the album as a whole, but Breeding Violence and End of Flesh are two of Whitechapel's best songs ever, in my opinion. It's a shame the rest of it can't hold the weight that those two songs hold.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
It took me a couple of listens to decide if it was better than exile, but imo it is a huge step forward! The song writing is excellent, and the production is killer. Best guitar tone and we all know phils vocals are fucking ridiculously awesome

yeah, the guitars are pretty mid-laden, which i like, kinda like tbdm, and phil's vocals, i agree!

AlucardXIX

Is Encircle
Reaction score
I never even liked them before this album. They actually have parts in basically every song for all 3 guitarists to play live. Devolver, Dehumanization, and Breeding Violence are all excellent songs. The first 2 I mentioned make good use of 8 string guitars without being typical Meshuggah rip offs.

cypher858

Reaction score
yeah! i love the intro, and i love the lyrics.

IE:
I AM GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It wouldn't be a problem to initiate the process of elimination of a planet and the fucking hypocrites it breeds, destroy them all!
This is psychological rot in its finest form

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
During the time when this album was available for download I couldn't listen to it. I mean I could hear it, but I honestly couldn't stand it, and I really didn't know why.

Fast forward two weeks or so after the album was released, I picked it up at Topic primarily to support a forum member, and because it was only 10$ ...and it's pretty much been in my car's cd player ever since. This album is awesome, I love the production, the song structure, and especially the way WC integrates the breakdown into the actual song structure, as opposed to just "tacking it on" like other bands in this genre do.

This album is a win, really looking forward to seeing them live.

stevo1

ClearTrack Studios
Reaction score
glad to see conversions to the new stuff! :metal: i cant wait to see them at warped tour, but i wish they were on a tour that suited the genre of them more than warped tour, like the mayhem fest. they were there last time, with jfac, and tbdm, and missed it. and now i have to see attack attack before, just to see them. :mad::wallbash: either way im psyched!

richcastle66

Prog is Life
Reaction score
i just saw them on warped....omg.

but i cant say enough about this album. and too tired to write review.

brodjentle

Reaction score
i like the new album however some of the lyrics are dumb as fuck... haha like this is not the devils work this is a murder sermon haha fucking awkwardly placed and stupid haha but overall sounds great still love the first album the most! still the sickest and most brutal

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It's absolutely amazing. They completely outdid themselves with this one.

"End of Flesh", "Unnerving", "Necromechanical" and "Single File To Dehumanization" (especially starting around 2:55) are my easy favorites.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
i like the new album however some of the lyrics are dumb as fuck... haha like this is not the devils work this is a murder sermon haha fucking awkwardly placed and stupid haha but overall sounds great still love the first album the most! still the sickest and most brutal

Not really? That's the only reference you had to bad lyrics, which Vincent from The Acacia Strain wrote and sang. Fail.

I love the whole album, quite honestly.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Pretty funny how the singer used to look like this. Typical scene guy finally realizing how gay the whole core movement was. Still can't take him seriously because of that though, although I do enjoy their music from time to time.

pic.php

')