New Whitechapel Song 'Breeding Violence' !!

• Thread starter lewbob
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marcus

I kill threads
Reaction score
To me the guitar tone sounds a lot better than in Darkest Day Of Man, that may just be due to darkest day being on myspace though :shrug:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Looneygah1

Reaction score
I dig it. I mean, yeah its pretty much "breakdown madness" but I don't know when I listen to Whitechapel I always tend to listen to the vocal melody and phrasing rather than the actual guitar work. Even though I am a guitar player :lol: Phil is packing some MONSTER vocals :yesway: and the solo was great. Overall I dig it. I have to say though. Darkest Day of Man has my vote! I love it :hbang:

EDIT: Doesn't have to have crazy guitar as long as everything fits well and sounds good I am fine with it, weather it be breakdowns or not :) its heavy and it has a nice solo/tone. In my book its a listener ;)

lewbob

Reaction score
i am pumped for the new album now after this song and DDOM sounds like its a good step forward !

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I like this A LOT more than their other stuff. Something about it just feels different. I guess they are taking a greater step towards real death metal and away from the xcore.

Andii

Reaction score
Western NC in a secret lair high on the mountain
I was excited to hear the production on this since Audio Hammer did this one. The guitar tone is clear and raw at the same time. The mix is just what I expect from AH. The drums fit in perfectly and the all the frequencies fit perfectly in everything. There's less low frequencies than I expected but that's probably due to a louder master.

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Sure this song has its generic elements but im definitely feeling it. It has so much energy.

sentagoda

A serious man
Reaction score
their riffs and song structure are pretty boring. But their vocals are brutal as shit. Def one of the most heaviest and coolest in the scene

Reaction score
ive heard that people are hating on this song because the solo is "a rip off of the solo in an autopsy"
anyone confirm that? i dont hear it.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I love how anything that chugs or grooves in this day and age is called a "breakdown".

Remember that band called Pantera? I guess all they played were "breakdowns" too then huh?

If you ask me there is not 1 single breakdown in that song. Slow, chugging, groove parts, yes, but a straight up breakdown, no. but i guess everyones opinion on what a "breakdown" is is different.

Whatever, haters are gonna hate. They always have and they always will.

And no this isnt an 8 string song, the part you heard when the guitar goes lower than A is in G. We thought it would be cool to just do a part in a song in G rather than a whole song, gives it more impact. Live we'll be using the Digitech Whammy's "drop tune" feature to go down to G and then switch it off to go back to A.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
And no this isnt an 8 string song, the part you heard when the guitar goes lower than A is in G. We thought it would be cool to just do a part in a song in G rather than a whole song, gives it more impact. Live we'll be using the Digitech Whammy's "drop tune" feature to go down to G and then switch it off to go back to A.

Makes sense.

Kickass show in Lawrence the other night, by the way. Sucks that dude kicked your guitar out of tune though. Should of just punched him in the face. :metal:

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
Funny_Pictures_7765.jpg

Lon

drop it like its G#!
Reaction score
and for what its worth...

why hate on breakdowns and why think breakdowns aren't awesome... if properly executed for maximum effect (no emmure here) breakdowns are the tits

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I love how anything that chugs or grooves in this day and age is called a "breakdown".

Remember that band called Pantera? I guess all they played were "breakdowns" too then huh?

If you ask me there is not 1 single breakdown in that song. Slow, chugging, groove parts, yes, but a straight up breakdown, no. but i guess everyones opinion on what a "breakdown" is is different.

Whatever, haters are gonna hate. They always have and they always will.

For what it's worth:

I've never been a whitechapel fan, just isn't my dealio.

But I've never associated your music with breakdowns and I do agree with what you said just up there.

:yesway:

SweepsAllDay

Bow to Keyboard Cat.
Reaction score
I like this song way more than DDOM. And holy shit the production quality sounds awesome to me. I always thought these guys are as good as it gets in the deathcore scene. Can't wait for the album.

Latest posts

')