New Whitechapel track

• Thread starter skeeballcore
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Whitechapel is one of my three favorite bands, but I wish they would go back to the songwriting formula they used on The Somatic Defilement. It was mostly just riff after riff, which a lot of musicians seem to think denotes sub-par songwriting skills. I just don't like hearing the same breakdown/verse-chug(?) three times in a song.

That being said, I still like this song. I love the direction they've taken their sound.

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Thanks guys ;)

It's actually just 7 strings in drop G, no 8 strings involved. The main idea and parts of this song I actually wrote for fun when we got out of the studio for This Is Exile.... almost 3 years ago hahaha. The guys always loved it but never really found a way to use it for Whitechapel. So we were approached to do an EP and decided to use this song for one of the songs on it. Ben helped me rewrite some of it and added the solos and such and thus the final product was born.

We tracked the song with a local engineer in Knoxville, it was mixed by Mark Lewis and mastered by Alan Douches.

Snare and Toms are completely natural, kick is obviously sampled.

Guitars we tracked DIs in the studio and Mark reamped with the same setup we used for A New Era of Corruption. Maxon OD-808 into a block letter 5150 into a Mesa oversized 4x12.

There will also be a cover track coming out on the EP but I can't say what it's gonna be yet ;).

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
^Probably Meshuggah.
That's my guess. Meshuggah.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Heavy. I dig it.

Also, Alex. Could you please do one tiny little thing for me? Change the fucking w on your Facebook to a capital W? :lol: Major OCD. It kills me.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Heavy. I dig it.

Also, Alex. Could you please do one tiny little thing for me? Change the fucking w on your Facebook to a capital W? :lol: Major OCD. It kills me.

I thought the exact same thing when I got on the page. :lol: I don't think it can be changed, I think that can only be changed when you have less than 100 likes.

New track is cool, Alex! :hbang:

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
This is very good. I love the movement away from stereotypical breakdowns (no offense).

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
Holy Crap.

This is a whitechapel i can get behind. If the new album is like this, IT may be the first WC album I'll really get into.

awesome.

jr1092

Avalanche in D Minor
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of WC and have seen them 5 times and will see them on their upcoming tour with TDWP. I'm digging the direction they are going with the new material.

Neptical

Reaction score
I've heard it already but I think it's killer. Always been a fan of Ben's leads. Just right in the pocket without over-doing it. My type of player.

the fuhrer

Reaction score
I am surprised but I actually liked this song. I can't stand the constant breakdowns that a lot of bands seem to use, but this song has a good lead to it. This is definitely a little different from what I expected when I read "new Whitechapel song."

linchpin

Specter
Reaction score
Couldn't get into these guys before but this is definitely different..... for the better.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I've been really hot and cold over these guys over the years. This song has some pretty interesting layers going on. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they come up with on the EP.

Latest posts

')