New Wintersun News!!! (caps would have totally been acceptable there)

Dan

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]17.11.2010 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
News update
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi everyone! It´s been a while.

I´ve been working very hard with the synths&orchestrations and I can finally say that I´m feeling very positive about finishing this long and gruesome task by christmas. So hopefully around the end of December I can finally start mixing the album. I still have a few vocal parts unfinished, but I will be singing them meanwhile I´m mixing.

The only problem about the mixing is that my current computer gear simply cannot handle these insanely huge projects. And the other problem is that I have no money for new gear. So we have discussed about this problem with our label&management and they have agreed to help us with an advance to buy new and more powerful computer gear, but only if we agree to play a few shows and show people that Wintersun is still alive. So after carefully weighting all the different possibilies, we think we need to play these shows to help the completion of the album.

The shows will be for now:

Metalfest (3 shows)
Metalcamp (1 show)

There´s lot of work and preparation to do for these shows, ´cause we have to update our live gear as well, sort out technical difficulties and of course rehearse the songs. This will most likely affect negatively with the mixing schedule, so I can´t give any predictions with that yet. I also need to try out the new computer gear first and see how it handles these projects. The software is still not 64-bit, so the "infamous 4GB RAM limit" might also be a problem with the mixing, since these projects already eat about 3GB without any plugins. But I will do my best to overcome this challenge the fastest way I can.

See you at the gigs! Who knows, we might even play one new riff… I mean Song! ;)

Jari, Kai, Teemu & Jukkis

I've just been speaking to him on the ol' bookface. The problems he has been experiencing is because of a lack of 64 bit Mac Cubase :lol:. His VST's run off most of his 3 gig or ram and he cant upgrade till they upgrade the software! Ive nudged him in the way of Windows partitions so he can complete his work, things are looking promising!!!! :hbang:
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The shows will be for now:

Metalfest (3 shows)
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Awesome, so i'm finally going to see them....because my band is playing the Metalfest Austria as well. :cool:

(for cheapened tix shoot me a pm :spock: )

Inazone

Reaction score
Reading about the delays makes me feel a little better about my own band's issues with audio software. What seems perfectly good when you start recording might be horribly insufficient by the time you're ready to mix.

B36arin

Reaction score
How about consolidating the bloody VST instruments??? :lol:

In all seriousness, I've stopped being excited about this album. His label gave him a new computer 2 years ago when he was supposed to start mixing it. I'm going to be STOKED when it's released, but until then I'm not getting my hopes up.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really want this CD to come out soon.

If it comes out before Necrophagist's new one a buddy of mine owes me $100.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Awesome! About time we heard something! I'm super pumped for this album and always have been.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Yea I've gotta see some new material soon.
I've been waiting forever for this.
After I heard these guys I stopped listening to CoB.
So new material would be amazing.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
About damn time, Jari! Been waiting for this for a long time, and he only updates like once a year or less.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
You mean...

I can actually, legitimately connect the constant delays in the new album coming out with Steve Jobs, even in the flimsiest way?

YES!!!

goth_fiend

Reaction score
I will be honest, I loved the first wintersun album, and I didnt honestly expect for time to even be mentioned again, much like imperanon never made a 2nd album, but this is awesome news, hopefully it will be out next year, that would be nice :cool:

Dan

Reaction score
I will be honest, I loved the first wintersun album, and I didnt honestly expect for time to even be mentioned again, much like imperanon never made a 2nd album, but this is awesome news, hopefully it will be out next year, that would be nice :cool:

Imperanon made a 5 track EP that i hold in my hands! :fawk:

And that was a crying shame, but all the members had other duties (Finntroll, Wintersun, Norther, Medicated) that they had to deal with.

goth_fiend

Reaction score
^now that I didnt know, I had 3 songs that I found somewhere that were drastically different from the debut album, but were pretty damn awesome, I need to track that one down