New Woodo 7-String!

• Thread starter JohnIce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
These look identical to the Raven West guitars.... Raven's only 7 string has a horrible bolt on heel though. ELECTRIC GUITARS

Probably the same factory making them.

I've been thinking about that too, the spalted maple one with tree of life inlays is identical to a RW model, save for the hardware. I've had some mail contact with Arttu who runs the company though and he designs the guitars himself, he's even asked for suggestions from me and other customers. The company is pretty new however, and he might have gone with that RG shape at first just to get started quickly, as he spent more time on the basses. If they are in fact made in the same factory, it would make sense to do that.

Rabsa

Former Tentacle Minister
Reaction score
In Finnish musicians website we hade done some group orders from Korean guitar factory for really cheap prices. And those are just same guitars as we had. In last order we have kind a similar model, but with fixed bridge.

And costs? About 200 euros per guitar. There was lots of customers and about 100 guitars with many different models. Baritones, seven strings, explorers and ect.

Edit: There's some pics

http://koti.kapsi.fi/~twinkle/wolf/

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Ebony and basswood? Interesting combination. A lot of those guitars and basses are very attractive.

ivancic1al

Probrem?
Reaction score
i likes this one, from the finnish guy's pics...7 string, no trem ,no middle pup....mmm :wub:
s2_7string_01.JPG

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Nice heel (or lack thereof) on those. That's my one complaint about the Agile neck thrus - a big heel.

EliNoPants

Reaction score
those do look nice...given issues with import taxes and such, i wonder if it won't wind up with them turning into the European version of Rondo/Agile in general simply for cost and quick shipping

Reaction score
I sent a message to Raven guitars about making more 7 strings and how if he did sevenstring.org would probably flood him with orders :lol: Didn't ask for too much, just a badass tele 7 with humbucker(s), and one of his RG series 7 string.

I mean....what if we could get a 7 string version of this:
ravguitar_2060_3640895

Or THIS(with Humbucker)...thats not flamed maple either...its Sycamore!
ravguitar_2063_34051975

ravguitar_2063_17365332

They Do have this one...with a horrible heel :(
ravguitar_2063_25293018

ravguitar_2063_49247648

Isan

Contributor
Reaction score
I think I am gonna have to start my own company and make it 7+ strings only (made to SS.org specs) and all MIK. >:D

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I'd rather have bolt-on with AANJ than blocky heel or even a neck through with a fat heel.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
as i said in the raven west thread, woodo mostly just design the specs for the guitars, but the factories have standard options etc. the logo inlays are identical as far as looks go, and the woods are the same, and even the headstocks are identical (raven west, that finnish place and woodo, that is).

i remember giving a shit-ton of feedback to Arttu on the 7 string bass, and he said he'd "call the factory and ask if they can do that". if those were totally original designs and stuff, i'm sure he wouldn't have to ask :p

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
as i said in the raven west thread, woodo mostly just design the specs for the guitars, but the factories have standard options etc. the logo inlays are identical as far as looks go, and the woods are the same, and even the headstocks are identical (raven west, that finnish place and woodo, that is).

i remember giving a shit-ton of feedback to Arttu on the 7 string bass, and he said he'd "call the factory and ask if they can do that". if those were totally original designs and stuff, i'm sure he wouldn't have to ask :p

Indeed. I've talked to him a bit too, aswell as my bass player who is endorsed, and it does seem like he tries to get these requests through. Maybe once he's sold some more guitars and has a bigger budget, he can afford to rearrange some things and get more control over the products.

Bekanor

Renegade Folk Hero
Reaction score
Yep. Anyone else notice the rather, uh, phallic edges of the "W" and the "D"? Considering the name, maybe they're intentional.

They could inlay a big ol cock from 1st to 24th and I'd probably still want one.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate pickup rings, other then that those ebony guitars look sweet.

')