New Woodo 7-String!

• Thread starter JohnIce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cool. When you do get it, would you mind posting it here, or sending it in a PM?

No prob man. He said they are currently revising their entire pricelist which will take a while so I have to send them what models I am interested in and they'd get me a quote. I can't do 24 pieces haha. I wish! I really wish I had some money to invest and i'd turn this into a business. I know that me/other guitarist/bassist are going to come up with a name to put on the headstocks so they are not blank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, this is an old thread but I figured a short review could be relevant :)

I played this guitar today, well set-up with new strings, and I have to say it was damn good. Throughout the day I'd been hopping between guitar shops trying out JP7's, Ibby Prestiges, Carpenters etc. and I still managed to be very impressed with this guitar.

The neck is somewhere in between Schecter and Ibanez, I'd say. Thinner than a Schecter, rounder than an Ibanez. Very comfortable, then again I've never had much love for flat necks. The Woodo neck is somewhat on the flat side, but not at all as exaggerated as a lot of Ibby's.

The neck is a 5 piece, and due to the raw (or at least very thin finish), you can feel a difference between the different laminates. It didn't bother me at all while playing, I'm just putting it out there. The maple is smoother than the walnut strips. Either way, I had no problems pulling off my most tasteless shred licks on it, so no worries. :)

The pickups are hard to review cause I only had a Pocket POD to try it out through... anyway, you get a 5-way switch AND a coil tap on the tone knob. This increases the versatility in a big way. The pickups (Kent Armstrong), didn't appear to have super-high output, but they sounded nice and dynamic, and the middle singlecoil sounded like a singlecoil, unlike many 7-string singles *coughdimarzioblazecough*.. The split tones were definately usable. I'd say this guitar is optimal for players who need to cover a lot of sounds, and who don't just play metal non-stop. Funk/jazz/rock n' roll/blues all sounded VERY genuine and natural on this guitar. This is, to me, very impressive in a 7-string. All my songs are written/recorded with an HSS guitar, but I could still see myself pulling them off convincingly with this guitar.

The trem, I have no comment on, as it had ben blocked by the owner.

Anyway, I'm strongly considering buying one of these now. Ridiculous value for the money, for sure. I'll probably sell my C-7 Hellraiser to get this guitar, as it was infinitely more versatile, sounded awesome, and had the 25.5" scale playability that I prefer over the Schecter's longer scale.

Totally recommend it!

nocareever

Reaction score
i love those wood cutaways where you get to see another wood underneath, but the headstock is just huge! its not my kind a guitar

Beacher

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Woodo is still in business?? (I assume they are) but I have sent Arttu a half dozen emails and have never received a reply.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
man, this made me remember those "wolf" guitars thingies, with the super-cheap 27" scale TOM 2 humbucker 7 strings and shit... MAN I WANT THAT!!! too bad you need to do group orders. bah!

')