New Woodo 7-String!

• Thread starter JohnIce
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tankki

Reaction score
Swedish Woodo guitars and basses ( Woodo Guitars ) are manufactured originally by South-Korean company KHL Corporation ( ECECTRIC GUITARS ). As well as Finnish Worna Guitars ( Worna Guitars - Wornaguitars.com - Etusivu ), German HK-instruments ( Willkommen bei HK-Instruments ) and RawenWestGuitar Co. ( www.ravenwestguitar.com ). These are just re-branded, more expensive versions of Wolf Guitars...
And pls note: I'm not saying their business is a bad thing. Just want to lighten things a bit...

We’ve group-ordered these same instruments "wolfs" already 7 times on one finnish forum. I paid for my WOLF SS, TC1 and S2 (baritone with 7-strings) only 204, 175 and 227 euros. When (about the) same models GSS, GTC1 and GSS2 on Woodo are 578, 471 and 771 euros + shipment.

I don't have anything against Woodo and these others. Just wanted to say that these instruments are made in korea and traded by KHL. Also because that no one gets confused or some silly idea "Oh! These good instruments are actually designed and made by this woodo! (worna, etc.)" Sure Woodo has some its own "specifications-changed"-models. But still, there are some models that others may have. And the only difference is logo on the headstock.

You can see pictures of my own wolfs here:
Picasa Web Albums - Sampsa - Soittimet
love these ^^

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yacker

Reaction score
Wow, thanks tankki. That was a very informative post. Maybe some interested parties on this forum could put together a group order. How exactly did you place the order with these factories?

tankki

Reaction score
I didn't. But one of our forum members did. He contacted KHL's "Mr. Kim" (general manager) somewhere in summer-autumn of year 2007, and they got something like 20-30 guitars, basses Fotopankki kuvien jakelupalvelu - Albumit

We have a "room" in that forum with 1300 members, where we can organize group-orders. It's been since end of 2007. And we've also made few orders to other far east companies. Ex. Biyang (pedals), Tesla (pickups)...
I'ts great that we can get these fine instruments without "middle-hands" who takes money between when price gets higher to consumer. That's why I don't buy from Woodo (Of course if I wouldn't know KHL's existence and group-orders, that would be different case..)

I want to make clear also, that I'm not representing any company here. I'm totally on my own.

I just thought that I should tell this to lighten things a bit.
So actually anyone could set up a company with own brand. I think that Woodo went like there where "fence was on a lowest level".
They don't have any own design besides a logo on headstock. Same thing with Worna and HK.

fretninjadave

Seven String Samurai
Reaction score
Hey, just thought I'd let you know about a new 7-string model from Woodo Guitars (a swedish company in the same vein as Agile). Korean made, but to very high specs, so you get good quality for the price. They generally save in on hardware and pickups, but they're of course replaceable. They're sold only through their website so far, www.woodoguitars.se, or in a small number of swedish shops if you happen to pass by.

Woodo%20GS2%20Ebony%207-string%20Front.jpg

Woodo%20GS2%20Ebony%207-string%20Rear.jpg

As for the quality, it's very good, the guy who runs the company lent us a few guitars and basses when we were recording our new album because we'd been talking about an endorsement. The basses are magnificent, the guitars would have benefitted from better pickups but then again, it's better to buy a good guitar with cheap pickups than a bad guitar with good pickups.

Id give my left nut just to touch it...

widdlywhaa

Reaction score
OMG i'd totally be down to doing a group order..... i've ben wanting a "matching" bubinga or spalted maple topped 6 and 7 for a while now, and at that price i'd do both in a heartbeat

tankki

Reaction score
140 EUROS!!!!!!!!!!! DOOO WANT!!!!

WOLF-S2 - 7 strings, 27" scale, 2 humbuckers and TOM-bridge - is about 230 euros

Explorer and SG copies were something like 140 euros.

OMG i'd totally be down to doing a group order..... i've ben wanting a "matching" bubinga or spalted maple topped 6 and 7 for a while now, and at that price i'd do both in a heartbeat

If you really are going to make a group order ( to KHL Corporation http://www.wolfguitars3.com/ )
it should be well organized and you propably should be from same country. Also before you make any order you have to calculate all the taxes, shipments and tull payments in advance to know estimated prices. After that you can tell them to buyers and they can transfer money to your bank account...
Usually when we've done these, there's also been a little reward for the leader of order. He adds few euros to every instrument. Although that money usually goes to car's gas when cargo is fetched from the dock and instruments are delivered to buyers. It’s also for the well done job, pressure and stress what leader may have to suffer. Because there’s always someone blaming and pissed off that “my guitar is not what I wanted, and so on..”

My intend is not to fall down these companies business (woodo guitars, worna guitars, hk-instruments, rawenwest guitar). Just wanted to tell some info...

Check out my own wolfs:
http://picasaweb.google.com/sampsa.nasi/Soittimet#

Sorry, this is already a bit off-topic =)

dsm3sx

Rise and Fall
Reaction score
This deserves its own thread and poll :yesway:
:hbang:

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
Holy shit! When I loaded the page, at first I only saw the neck/headstock and I thought "yeah, that's nice I suppose".

Then I scrolled down and saw the fucking orgasmic 5-piece neck through. Do want!

Reaction score
So me, my rhythm guitarist, bassist, and tour manager(also a guitarist) are thinking about ordering 7 - 8 guitars. Waiting for them to send me a price list. So far the idea is (1)7 String Bass, (2) 7 String Explorers (1) 7 String V, (1) 7 String Acoustic, (1) 7 String Tele, and (1) 7 String NT super strat (bass, tele, V, and explorer will be neckthru as well if possible)

I emailed and they told me right now because of the holiday season coming up that they were very busy and at this time minimum order is 24 pieces.

yacker

Reaction score
So me, my rhythm guitarist, bassist, and tour manager(also a guitarist) are thinking about ordering 7 - 8 guitars. Waiting for them to send me a price list. So far the idea is (1)7 String Bass, (2) 7 String Explorers (1) 7 String V, (1) 7 String Acoustic, (1) 7 String Tele, and (1) 7 String NT super strat (bass, tele, V, and explorer will be neckthru as well if possible)

I emailed and they told me right now because of the holiday season coming up that they were very busy and at this time minimum order is 24 pieces.

Was there a response as to whether all of the above are possible for them to make though?

yacker

Reaction score
Cool. When you do get it, would you mind posting it here, or sending it in a PM?

')