New world record for fastest guitar player

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Also, you say you're playing at 1300 bpm, but what exactly are you playing at 1300 bpm? 16th notes? Without knowing that I can't work out how many notes per second you're supposedly playing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Wow that's amazing! Great playing, man!

Care to share what this "bow picking" technique consists of? I'm intrigued.

SuperShredderDan

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't even know what to say to this. Even the 300 bpm looked super fast to me. I don't see how anybody can move that fast, let alone in a precise way. Don't dudes like Petrucci have a hard time just playing chromatic licks at like 250 bpm?

I'm not saying you didn't do it. But, in this day of internet hoaxery, I would never fully accept it as fact unless I saw it with my own eyes in person.
the certificate is at the end of the vid if that helps

Cdub

Reaction score
That's unbelievably incredible, but it looks so hilarious. I'm thinking I need to see 1300 bpm in slow motion to comprehend what I just saw

potatohead

Reaction score
1) Learn Flight of the Bumblebee
2) Set up a video
3) Get a clock that's fucked and ticks one second every like ten seconds
4) Play FOTBB
5) Speed video to make clock look right
6)???????????
7) Profit

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
Honest question: How in the world do you start on a down beat when a metronome is playing at 1300 bpm? It was literally a whirl of sound!

Edit: Not trying to sound skeptical, I'm happy for your accomplishment! I'm just sitting here scratching my head and trying to figure it out.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
can you do a close up vid to demonstrate your technique?

think it would help ppl see what going on.

Swyse

Swyse
Reaction score
I noticed your record and Taylor Sterling's records were denied on Recordsetter.com. Whats the scoop wit dat?

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
I noticed your record and Taylor Sterling's records were denied on Recordsetter.com. Whats the scoop wit dat?
Recordsetter.com says it's this guy who his fastest at 600bpm.
John Taylor

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

Maniacal

Reaction score
Record yourself playing a 3 note per string A major scale or something. At 1300bpm of course.

I don't see how most people struggle to hit 250, but these FOTB record guys just ramp the click up in increments of 200, 400, 800, 1300, 200000000

The odd thing to me, is when they actually play a solo it sounds like shit. And none of their "real" playing is anywhere near 50+ notes per second.

I mean come on, you don't really believe you can alternate pick 87 notes a second? Do you really believe that? That isn't physically possible.

Please do a video of scales and lines at 1300bpm 16ths.

')