New world record for fastest guitar player

mr_rainmaker

Resident Cherokee
Reaction score
catcaught.jpg

whoa in before the ATF raids you for unregistered fullauto :)
holy crap :) :) :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm not believing it. Like the Sterling video it just seems like arbitrarily high numbers being thrown around. Some of the endings sound so off, that at the tempos involved, it means being a few bars ahead or behind. All masked by fizzy distortion and the backing track (it may be required, but it's also a convenient thing to hide behind).

I don't mean to judge whether it's a waste of time or use the stupid "oh yeah, but can he play with feel?" false dichotomy. That's irrelevant. But I do want to question the speed. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The video is not an example of the latter. And no other of these recent 500+ bmp record attempts I've seen have been able to stand up to closer scrutiny. I don't think you're deliberately trying to cheat us here, Dan. Rather, I think you're deluding yourself.

That's not to say your technique doesn't look impressive, but 1300? No way.

I agree that the quality of the video you sent us, and the things that went with it (audio quality and MIDI play along) does not give justice to your record and talent, and that a new, higher quality, with cleaner audio, and with some explanation on your technique should be done.

This would satisfy our curiosity and give justice to your skills, bro!

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
I never understood people who do this "Flight of the Bumblebee at 10000 bpm" videos. (Guiness) records are mostly lame accomplishments.

wankerness

Reaction score
I find all the grumbling in this topic strange given that the guy who posted it has been completely friendly, responsive and even self-deprecating about it.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I find all the grumbling in this topic strange given that the guy who posted it has been completely friendly, responsive and even self-deprecating about it.

Indeed - it's clear the OP doesn't think this makes him the best guitarist in the world or something haha.

Very interesting and impressive video - not even being able to play at 200bpm this just confuses me :lol:

I must say I agree with the comments about the metronome being impossible to follow at such a tempo, though.

SamSam

GAS problems
Reaction score
Do Line 6 sponsor these events/attempts or do you all chose to use to make things sound as bad as possible? Right hands looks crazy man.

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score

true! - i mean even before he hits ludicris speed and you can still hear what's going on at 300bpm, must of these grumbling folks probably couldn't match it - i sure as hell couldn't.

Again good job OP, way to accomplish something more than bitching and moaning on an internet forum :agreed:

SuperShredderDan

Reaction score
true! - i mean even before he hits ludicris speed and you can still hear what's going on at 300bpm, must of these grumbling folks probably couldn't match it - i sure as hell couldn't.

Again good job OP, way to accomplish something more than bitching and moaning on an internet forum :agreed:
thanks!

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Fuck my life... Looking at your hands and seeing the clock is fuckin' ridiculous. It literally looks like you're in fast forward til you look at the clock.

')