New world record for fastest guitar player

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
that is amazing!
I don't care what other people have said. Well done \m/

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I really don't see why there is any bashing on this at all since you did it raise money for firefighters with cancer. :scratch:

This is absolutely incredible and congrats OP! Even at 300 bpm I was like "damn that is just bloody fast!" Then it got to 1000 bpm and it really did look like your hands were on fast forward mode but like Konfyouzd said, you just look at the clock and it's all legit. Kind of reminded me of the old Silver Surfer game on the NES, or at the very least just lasers shooting stuff on an old 8-bit game.

The people on YouTube that are bitching about it not having soul make me laugh though. :lol: They just completely missed the point.

bhakan

Reaction score
Congratulations! :bowdown: I believe that you did it, but damn, my mind just cannot comprehend playing that fast.

I would love to see a video of you explaining this "bow picking." Is it something that only works for ridiculously fast speeds, or could it be used to get cleaner alternate picking runs at more usable speeds?

SuperShredderDan

Reaction score
I really don't see why there is any bashing on this at all since you did it raise money for firefighters with cancer. :scratch:

This is absolutely incredible and congrats OP! Even at 300 bpm I was like "damn that is just bloody fast!" Then it got to 1000 bpm and it really did look like your hands were on fast forward mode but like Konfyouzd said, you just look at the clock and it's all legit. Kind of reminded me of the old Silver Surfer game on the NES, or at the very least just lasers shooting stuff on an old 8-bit game.

The people on YouTube that are bitching about it not having soul make me laugh though. :lol: They just completely missed the point.
i loved my NES. had supermario bros 3 and zelda link to the past. best childhood memories were that and the tony hawk pro skater series

SuperShredderDan

Reaction score
Congratulations! :bowdown: I believe that you did it, but damn, my mind just cannot comprehend playing that fast.

I would love to see a video of you explaining this "bow picking." Is it something that only works for ridiculously fast speeds, or could it be used to get cleaner alternate picking runs at more usable speeds?
only ever did it for the record or things on one string. never tried playing with it slow but it could have some cool tones maby.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
Wow, are we discussing the reproducibility of some scientific experiment?

I don't think so. Do you ask Petrucci to record and film himself doing the Glass Prison arpeggios in order to really see if he did them and did not edit it? No, and he clearly can't pull them off live. At least not as clearly.

You're lucky if the guy decides he wants to prove it to you and actually records himself re-playing the song as he played it on the video, and films himself doing it, and uploads both the video and the file so you can fucking believe...

Man I don't think he's so desperate to be worshipped, and I don't think he's got anything to prove to anyone, and much less to you.

In this day and age, it is reasonable to ask for proof if claims are to be believed. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, after all.

I'm not saying he should provide said evidence, i'm saying that if he wants to PROVE that he did it, to erase all doubt, then that's what would help prove it.

It's a big claim to say that you've broken the record for fastest guitar playing, if you have no evidence of it other than a video, which in this day and age is not conclusive.

I mean, in the end it's irrelevant. If this guy can do this, then that's cool as fuck. If he can't, then he's no worse than anyone else. It's the wanting to be believed online in the digital age that's the matter at hand here :)

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score

:agreed:

People always say shit like that and it gets old. Just goes to show how stupid some ppl are considering it had a fucking disclaimer at the beginning. People need to stop snackin' on sour grapes for real... :2c:

aturaya

Reaction score
give us a DI track so we can put a 1300 bpm blast beat behind it

Maniacal

Reaction score
tomorrow I am going to record myself playing Flight of the Bumblebee at 2000bpm.

BUT
I will play it incorrectly - none of these guys play the proper version
I wont pick every note - you should pick every note
I will play to a loud backing track - so you can't actually hear any of the notes. Probably because nobody can possible play 86 notes a second and anyone who thinks they can is a deluded idiot.

Wish me luck!

Reaction score
Like I said in the other "fastest guitar player" thread, it's nothing magical. The notes are played by sliding since it's chromatic. You could play even faster by sliding between more frets. :lol: It's like playing a C major scale on a piano by just running your thumb across the white keys. ;)

gfactor

Reaction score
That was crazy! Not even sure if I could play this at the original tempo, damn.

Don't understand all the hate. Are people seriously suggesting that you staged what is clearly a well funded event and got a room full of people to go along with your "scheme" so you could get a few reps on a forum? Seems like faking it would have taken just as much effort as practicing.

Rational Gaze

LithiumDawn Voicebox
Reaction score
Jesus some of you people turn everything into a fucking pissing match. Skepticism is warranted, but some of you are acting like you're on a 12 man jury.

Good shit Dan. Every time it got faster, I began laughing at how much it really did sound like an arcade cabinet.

redstone

Reaction score
so.. many.. slides..
so.. few.. picked notes..

Fun anyway !

Latest posts

')