New world record for fastest guitar player

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spooky_tom

Reaction score
I said this at the other speed thread and will say it again. These record attemps are just ridiculous. Shawn Lane picked 18-19 notes a second at his fastest. Rusty Cooley is around 16 notes and John Petrucci is around 15 notes.
Does these record guys really think they can play 60-80 notes per second. I don't care if it is pick or not. That is simply not possible.

TheOddGoat

Reaction score
Pretty sure on the 170bpm run at 2:20 ish in, he's not meant to play the open B string like that... Then at 2:26 ish there are some notes played twice when they shouldn't be and some more open string noise...

Was he supposed to get every increment nailed?

Btw, MERRY CHRIMBO EVERYONE!!! :-D

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Well sh*t ...

---edit---

I was just thinking, that sounds like a freaking bumble bee. and then it dawned on me ...

stuglue

Reaction score
This is a great example of economy of motion with the fretting hand, look at how little his fingers barely move
This is how you get really really fast. Shawn Lane was the same.

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, I was amused by that. Doing it on acoustic was a good idea.

Bakerman

Reaction score
That speed seems reasonable. Seems legit. All notes picked (or so it seems) and it sounds pretty awesome. I wish I could do that.

The picking doesn't progress with the tempo. The only take where some (not all) of the picking is 16th notes is the first one. There's also a MIDI track far louder than the actual guitar throughout.

Latest posts

')