Newbi from Upstate NY

• Thread starter slick848
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slick848

Reaction score
Hi, I started playing guitar in the early 60's than I joined the Army and was shipped to Vietnam as a Helicopter door gunner,I did a tour and a half only half because I was shot up through the but and lodge in my lower back,so I got sent home, went through a lot of theropy and what have you,so after I got older the incident got worse and I became 100% disabled in 2004. Not use to sitting around so started playing again and also decided to fix my own guitars and also stain them and put a finish on them,this is where im at and need some help. Im using wipe on poly can you give me any tips on how to make it come out nice,i see what you do and WOW their beautiful looking guitars,so if you or if you know of anyone who can help me please steer me in the right direction. My next project is using 2 part epoxy and also if anyone has any hints on how to use it the right way please let me know ok, anything would be helpful,just want them to come out nice plus it gives me something to look forward to each day. Not being able to get around that easy its something to do. Thanks everyone who reads this and I hope you all a very nice day. Later slick

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Hey man, welcome! I can't give you any advice on that though there are plenty of guys who build their own here and I'm sure have the right answers for you. What part of upstate?

slick848

Reaction score
Hey man, welcome! I can't give you any advice on that though there are plenty of guys who build their own here and I'm sure have the right answers for you. What part of upstate?
I live in Westport NY up near Plattsburgh or Lake Placid where the 80 Olympics were held

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
When I introduce myself overseas, I'm definitely in the "Upstate NY starts in Canada" camp :)

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
585 reporting in. Upstate NY is everything above NYC IMHO.

Latest posts