Newbie heavy-clip (x3, Superior, m7)

• Thread starter xfilth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
sounds pretty cool man. I love your pinch squealz.

Thanks man! Love my Carvin for stuff like this. I was gonna use my Universe with EMGs in one of the channels, but I just liked the sound of Carvin much more

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Updated the mix, changed some things in the drums and rerecorded some parts

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Updated again. Would really love some advice on how to improve the mix :)

EDIT: Gonna add some ambience to the clean part tomorrow and hopefully write another section

TheDeltaOrionis

Reaction score
This doesn't seem a "newbie" song, it's really good actually!
You've been playing the guitar for 7 years, you can't consider yourself a "newbie", especially if your songs are that good! \m/

Damn, I love this forum: lots of good guitarists here.
Can't find such good and modern guitarists in Rome, Italy :(

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
This doesn't seem a "newbie" song, it's really good actually!
You've been playing the guitar for 7 years, you can't consider yourself a "newbie", especially if your songs are that good! \m/

Damn, I love this forum: lots of good guitarists here.
Can't find such good and modern guitarists in Rome, Italy :(

The newbie thing was more referring to this kind of mix and music than my guitar-playing :)

Thanks a lot :) I'm sure you'll find someone in Rome - it's a big city

h8leech

Valkyrie Treaty
Reaction score
newbie my ass dude!, serious skills, if your just starting out with recording, my god, what your gonne be one year from now, i cant imagine, sick sick playing too bro, pshhh he said newbie... bahahahaahah!

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
newbie my ass dude!, serious skills, if your just starting out with recording, my god, what your gonne be one year from now, i cant imagine, sick sick playing too bro, pshhh he said newbie... bahahahaahah!

I've recorded stuff, but never went into the realms of djent or any other heavier metal-genres ;)

Thanks a lot!

AlexWadeWC

Reaction score
Drums sound fucking great, definitely need to work on your guitar tones. Have you ever tried using cab impulses in your DAW instead of the Cabs on the POD? I find that helps alot as the cabs on the POD are less than desirable IMO.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Drums sound fucking great, definitely need to work on your guitar tones. Have you ever tried using cab impulses in your DAW instead of the Cabs on the POD? I find that helps alot as the cabs on the POD are less than desirable IMO.

Thanks! I should definitely try some impulses. I hear the catharsis ones are good? I have them on my computer somewhere

Kykv

Reaction score
Try some RedWirez free, and some Recabinet impulses, theyre cheaper now and I think worth to buy.
I like the way drums sound in your mix, if I didn't know it's Superior Drummer I would think theyre a real drums recorded :)

maybe this would help a little bit http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62458

Ive seen some more impulses on different forums, I will post links if I find some.

what monitors do you have? and how did you get drums to sound that good? :)

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Try some RedWirez free, and some Recabinet impulses, theyre cheaper now and I think worth to buy.
I like the way drums sound in your mix, if I didn't know it's Superior Drummer I would think theyre a real drums recorded :)

maybe this would help a little bit KVR: free Impulse Responses

Ive seen some more impulses on different forums, I will post links if I find some.

what monitors do you have? and how did you get drums to sound that good? :)

Thanks - I'll definitely try them out!

I use Yamaha HS50M monitors, but I don't have a sub so mixing the bass is kinda tricky. I used one of Thordendal's preset in MF, switched out some different drums and played around with parallel compression

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
'nother small groove that doesn't deserve its own topic. Hoping to continue Anatomy of a Lie later today.

<div style="width:473px; border:solid #999999 1px; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_ExtBG.png')">
<a href='http://www.soundclick.com/mattra'>
<div style="background-color:width:460px; height:45px; cursor:pointer; background-image:url('http://www.soundclick.com/images/elogos/SC_460.png');"></div></a>
<div id="lower"><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" height="60" width="473" data="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.soundclick.com/player/V2/mp3player.swf" />
<param name="loop" value="false" />
<param name="menu" value="false" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<param name="flashvars" value="playType=single&songid=9957186&scid=9957186&q=hi&ext=1&autoplay=0" />
<param name="scale" value="noscale" />
<param name="salign" value="b" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" />
</object></div></div>

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys :) Your kind words make me wanna do more

')