Newly redesigned Bogner Uberschall, with KT88's!!!

• Thread starter biggness
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
Holy cow, this amp is gonna be awesome!!! :hbang:

The previous version with el34's already has a h-u-g-e bottom end, I can only imagine what kt88's will do for it. Bogner also redid the clean channel, which was my only complaint with the amp. Not that the clean sucked or anything, it was just that the volume difference between the channels was too dramitic. In my experience, kt88's produce wonderful cleans, so this should be nice. He also added some more controls for the amp. I am really excited to say the least. I have been scouring the web trying to find someone with the new version in stock, but no luck. As soon as I do find one, I'm pulling the trigger. The el34 uber was the only amp I have ever plugged straight into and said ":holy:"

Also, the new version(called the Bogner Uberschall U-2 for reference) will be cheaper than the previous versions. I am so stoked!!!

If anyone knows where I can get the new version, let me know. :cool:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
I needs me a kleenex....again...

Rob Chapman did a very short demo of this amp - it sounds absolutely ****ing awesome in my humble opinion.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I think a certain DT will be delighted about the power section :lol:.

i wouldnt mind hearing it in person :)

groph

Reaction score
That faggot in the Gengar shirt pisses me off, he really needs a haircut. Rob Chapman kicks so much ass though.

Reaction score
wow...that really is a Gengar shirt..how tragically gay. But anyways yes..KT88's are the tubes of the new order!!!

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard about the new controls and tubes, and I also and beyond stoked. The Uber is still my #1 amp to get and I would love to hear what the new Version is like in person. My local dealer doesn't know when he'll see the new Rev but he's got me on his list for a Demo.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score

10 seconds into that video I thought...that sure looks like it's next to the ESP warehouse and Tour Supply....than I look at the address for Bogner and they're .6miles apart on the same damn street. :lol: I wish I'd known this before I'd of loved to of checked out the shop!! :yesway:

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
When there's so much win concentrated into that limited amount of geographical area you have to be careful to avoid being sucked into epic WIN storms and emerging as some sort of proto-human super shredder.

Or something :)

Rob does kick some arse when he wants to - great player and a very nice chap (I'm also quite suprised by how attractive I find those ESP's..../GAS attack).

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
The guitar in the first vid sounded out a tune? or was it just me.

Nice sounding amp! Sounds like the sig EVH brown sound.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Whats wrong with gengar? That was my homeboii back in the old pokemon gameboy days... He was a BEAST

If that was his ESP and the other kid was playing it that would've annoyed the shit out of me. Don't care for other people touching my crap ESPECIALLY when I'm not around.

Amp sounded great though.

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
I emailed Bogner yesterday in regards to when, where and how much the amp will be. I also inquired if it was only available in the white tolex. I hope not, I don't feel like making a finger painting on the amp consisting of cheetos, buffalo wings and bbq sauce. :lol:

I will post back what they say, for anyone that may be as interested as I am. :D

biggness

Contributor
Reaction score
Also, did anyone notice in the video I posted that the distortion tones he was getting, was on the clean channel? ;) I'm tellin you boys, you better get your welding helmet, this thing is gonna melt faces.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score

Rob Chapman did a very short demo of this amp - it sounds absolutely ****ing awesome in my humble opinion.

That dork who was playing guitar at first was awful :lol: I hope he doesn't work at ESP.

Made that Horizon > Bogner combo sound like a KV10 > MG100HDFX... :ugh:

awesome news though, Bogner are WIN!

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
The first guy wasn't so good but Chappers is great and yeah, its got a monstrous amount of gain as far as I know. If you PM'd Rob or posted at the MonkeyLord forum I'm sure he'd fill you in as to how it performs.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
That dork who was playing guitar at first was awful :lol: I hope he doesn't work at ESP.
No, if anything he works for bogner or was also just stopping by to check it out. Chopper even says they gave him the guitar so he obviously picked it up on the way over there.

')