News at 11: CGord re-records old clip with bulb tone patch,

• Thread starter CGord
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CGord

Reaction score
bulb immediately claims tone isn't his. :lol:

Scatterbrain Redux

Anyway, I was screwing around with this patch, & I discovered I could play riffs on my neck pup with it (C-1 Hellraiser, EMG 85), so I grabbed an older clip of mine & tore through it for shits & giggles. I love the sound of the neck 85 in this guitar, but I typically don't play high-gain rhythm with it, as it muddies up bad. This patch worked great for it, though, at least to my ears.

:hbang: :hbang: :shred:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I dunno man, the tone is pretty cool, but the clarity is not quite there. Which is really too bad because the riff is damn cool. The song as whole - definitely listenable.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
That sounds pretty good! Just get a little bit of post-recording EQ tweaking in there, and it could sound really great!

CGord

Reaction score
Thanks for commenting! This was pretty much done on a whim; I was surprised by the sound of the neck pup using this tone, so I wanted to record something & experiment, but I have not written anything new lately.

A lack of clarity might be my sloppy playing. I normally cut two tracks & pan them left & right, but not 100%, I blend them towards the center. In trying to apply some tips from these guys that make some amazing home recordings, this clip is four individual guitar tracks, two left & two right, each panned 100%.

The tone is real hissy with my bridge 81, too much sizzle. I cut the high end sightly on these tracks some, it's pretty bright even on the neck. I think there are a couple of things going on there; I do not have the Line6 effects pack yet, so when I import bulb's tone, I have to substitute a pedal or two, & he tunes down on seven (& now eight) string guitars, & this clip is a six tuned to drop C. I think it'll work better with a lower tuning.

My Dean with the SH-6 is tuned pretty low right now (a weird tuning, drop B all the way across the neck), I think this tone will be pretty crushing with it. My seven string Washburn should be here by Friday, & I plan on going to drop A (if not lower) as soon as I unpack it, so I think it'll work great with that one, too. I think if I tried my Ibby (Dimebucker) on this tone, it'd sound like bacon in a frying pan. :p

I should've listed this one, too, for comparison: Scatterbrain (original recording)

')