News on Jackson for 2017

• Thread starter MWC262
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MWC262

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone hear any news on Jackson guitars for NAMM 2017? I haven't been able to dig up any info. They must be keeping everything under wraps. I heard about a Marty Friedman signature, but wasn't sure.

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HotKarl

Reaction score
Any pics/info?
I will try to get a pic of the page when I get home tonight. Not much info on the page, looks like a few new finishes, Jackson standard fixed bridge (no Hipshot), not sure what pickups are in it. Looks cool, there are white and silver finishes.

arasys

needs more RRs
Reaction score
Gus G recently posted a short video playing one of his new JS series signature, I don't know if Jackson will offer usa select series star (that would be really sweet).

manu80

Reaction score
They'll do usa first then import maybe like the Broderick
I say tjat but meanwhile the scott ian is available in usa and import at the same time so...who knows...

electriceye

Reaction score
I'm keeping expectations VERY low, as they've really disappointed the past 2-3 years @ NAMM.

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
I will try to get a pic of the page when I get home tonight. Not much info on the page, looks like a few new finishes, Jackson standard fixed bridge (no Hipshot), not sure what pickups are in it. Looks cool, there are white and silver finishes.

Let's see that pic!

HotKarl

Reaction score
tumblr_oj2ir9ARms1uld66xo1_1280.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Link is broken.

But I dunno how I feel about it. Looks a LOT cheaper than the big one obviously, especially that burst... but dat silver sparkle.

cmtd

Reaction score
With a print advert being released, I'm kind of surprised there is no info on the Juggernaut pro model on Jackson's website. I haven't been able to find any details online either.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It was like that with the Ibanez RGA and RGD Iron Labels released last year. Started off as a magazine ad.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
I was talking to Broderick in June and he mentioned a potential pro series for his white custom shape guitar.

A-Branger

Reaction score
thats an odd choice of colors compared to his main sigs.

unless there would be new color variations for his main ones this year? Still, I was expecting to see the main popular colors first.

but cool on him to keep the ebony board tho

Passtheapathy

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the picture! That's the first official info available I've seen of it. Ebony fretboard, Jackson hardtail bridge (and the truss rod wheel!) seem to be the only confirmed specs we can see now. Are those Juggernaut pickups? Hard to tell, but it looks like it. Stainless steel frets? I can't imagine Misha putting anything except them on his sig but who knows?

manu80

Reaction score
yeah almost a SLAT. At least they could use some light blue or special color...
@ thescenicview : you're talking about this one, right ?
BroderickJax.jpg

bulb

Reaction score
thats an odd choice of colors compared to his main sigs.

unless there would be new color variations for his main ones this year? Still, I was expecting to see the main popular colors first.

but cool on him to keep the ebony board tho

Generally it's a good idea to differentiate the two models with different colors. These colors are sweet.

swigartd

Reaction score
Generally it's a good idea to differentiate the two models with different colors. These colors are sweet.

Misha, will there be a matte black option? Any other spec info we can have early, or do we have to wait?

So excited for these!

')