News on Jackson for 2017

• Thread starter MWC262
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
I would love a Jackson Explorer shape but I know they would refuse the order. They built some for NAMM this year though.

I believe they were working on something with Phil Collen on those, maybe an anniversary deal. Who knows, might end up being a sig? It's different enough that they would probably do it. I think it looks solid. Phil tends to have good taste, but we are on different sides of the neck profile world.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SwanWings

Reaction score
Also, I must say that I am quite disapointed in the Pro HT6 color options. I wish it had the same color options as the 7 string.

This. A little disappointed on the specs too, but I guess keeping it relatively inexpensive means generic pickups, regular frets, etc.

Personally, I'm much more excited about the hardtail pro series soloists (the natty and the pink especially), as well as the purple hardtail dinky.

No, offense, bulb, I know you're on this forum. Maybe if I get my hands on one I'll change my tune, but, for now, I'm not particularly impressed.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
Gah! It would have been reeeaaallly perfect if not for that white body binding.

2914445574_gtr_frt_001_rr.png

Possessed

Reaction score
That's probably because he was all they could get at the time and they were looking for a dime replacement.
And, for once, I don't think they really pay top dollar, Dean likely doesn't have the financial power of the big boys, and especially not ESP. I doubt he left over money. I also doubt he left because of Metallica, who had been using ESP way before Mustaine got there. If he didn't want to have the same brand, he wouldn't have come from the start.

Of course for the money. He has already planned for going back to jackson. Then suddenly Dean comes in and he endorses Dean afterwards

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
Gah! It would have been reeeaaallly perfect if not for that white body binding.

I actually don't mind the binding. The more I look at this one the more I like it. I love how they went with the reverse headstock too.

jerm

Reaction score
The new DK7 looks so sick with the rosewood top.

How are the Mexican made Pro Series?

StrmRidr

Hide your Jacksons
Reaction score
I was scared that this came from Jackson. I'm a bit relieved to see the Fender logo. That should have never been allowed to leave the shop, let alone be built.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
^ I think that's hilarious. It's an old Fender shape called the Katana and obviously a tongue-in-cheek parody of the Rhoads guitar.

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
Looking at all the new models/finishes for this year, I'm actually pretty stoked about what Jackson has to offer. I'm a big Jackson fanboy but they haven't really impressed me in the past few years with their NAMM reveals. The natural RR24 looks killer in both finishes, the new Soloist finishes are sick, and they brought flat top Kellys into production (I've always preferred the flat top to the beveled models). I'm a little disappointed at the lack of King Vs and how butt ugly the KVT is, but all in all the lineup is better than most previous years so I can't complain.

')