News on Jackson for 2017

• Thread starter MWC262
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
Anybody know when these Juggs are gonna be available for pre order? I'm very interested in the 6 string version.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oracles

Reaction score
I was talking to Broderick in June and he mentioned a potential pro series for his white custom shape guitar.

I can't imagine that selling too well, even among the most diehard fans of pointy/extreme shapes. The reception to that shape from everything I saw was lukewarm at best.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
I actually thought last year was pretty good in the non-USA line. Honestly, apart from the Gus G. Star, I can't see them adding anything else USA.

A Pro Davidson 7 string Warrior would thrill me, but, yeah, that's not happening. :lol:

If they could just finally make a production 24 fret RR model in the USA line, that'd be great. Even a Pro series 24 fret RR would be nice. I know they have a couple custom shop limited edition ones out, but come on. Why can't none of the higher quality RRs have 24 frets, lol. so lame IMO xD

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I can't imagine that selling too well, even among the most diehard fans of pointy/extreme shapes. The reception to that shape from everything I saw was lukewarm at best.

That jack means I can't play it classical position when practicing. Nope. That's a moderate turn off for pointy shapes for me. His other sig always looks awesome though.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fender hasn't really done nothing but the bare minimum with the website since they bought Jackson. They really need to totally overhaul their website.

They did a full revamp a few years back, but I can't say I love it. :shrug:

xzacx

Reaction score
If they could just finally make a production 24 fret RR model in the USA line, that'd be great. Even a Pro series 24 fret RR would be nice. I know they have a couple custom shop limited edition ones out, but come on. Why can't none of the higher quality RRs have 24 frets, lol. so lame IMO xD

RR24s are pretty good quality and aren't too hard to come by. Or do you need a neck pickup?

Desolate1

Reaction score
I just want a Soloist with a reversed head. Too much to ask Jackson? :(

That is why I want a Mick Thomson sig Soloist. As long as they do not end up sticking some stupid gaudy inlay on it it is pretty much what I have been wanting Jackson to release.

1. Mahogany Body
2. Ebony Fretboard
3. Oiled maple neck
4. Reverse Headstock

Even having his sig Duncan Blackouts in it are a plus since they would be a pickup I probably not swap out instantly.

Desolate1

Reaction score
I was talking to Broderick in June and he mentioned a potential pro series for his white custom shape guitar.

If they release that abortion of a guitar and don't give Rob a sig Death Angel I am going to be so f'ing pissed! Or they could release any of the other extreme shapes they have done over the years Death Warrior, Death Kelly or even the Kelstar. Any of these would be a million times better then that weird thing that Chris came up with. I have a hard time believing Chris's name is going to shift a whole lot of guitars in the crowd of players that dig extreme shaped guitars.

mastapimp

Reaction score
I think there's a better chance Marty's sig will be USA, just based on his stature and history with the brand. Then again, that might just be wishful thinking on my part. Hopefully we're both wrong and they do USA versions of each.

Marty just posted an image of a Jackson flyer on his facebook page. It's listing his signature monarkh as being an X-series model.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
If they release that abortion of a guitar and don't give Rob a sig Death Angel I am going to be so f'ing pissed! Or they could release any of the other extreme shapes they have done over the years Death Warrior, Death Kelly or even the Kelstar. Any of these would be a million times better then that weird thing that Chris came up with. I have a hard time believing Chris's name is going to shift a whole lot of guitars in the crowd of players that dig extreme shaped guitars.

Yeah, I would LOVE a 7 or 8 death something! I'm not holding my breath though. And what is the kelstar?

MWC262

Reaction score
I love my RR24. Hands down one of the best guitars I have ever played. I hope they bring a kelly pro. I can't staND the basswood Kelly's they have now. Also more reverse headstocks and better sig models.

Desolate1

Reaction score
')