News on Jackson for 2017

• Thread starter MWC262
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
Nit that I know of. They were stolen in his hometown iirc. I'm pretty.sure they are under a bed somewhere lol.

Appreciate the backup as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Nit that I know of. They were stolen in his hometown iirc. I'm pretty.sure they are under a bed somewhere lol.

Appreciate the backup as well.

I've often thought that the guy that has those has to be total Gollum with those. Never even heard of them being for sale. I mean someone is bound to see one of them some time, and be like HEY!?!

starkill

Reaction score
whoa, someone got offended in here :lol:
No, it's just that a guitar isn't only about looks.
And many people play Rhoads guitars. A guitar has other
specifications than only the finish and the colour of the hardware.
That is what I was trying to say. Sure, it some kind of "vibe" too it.
But it has infact, when you really look at the specs, nothing to do
with the original.

If you have a car that looks similar to a Ferrari but it has a Renault
engine in it and whatever else, would you call it a Ferrari? Maybe a
pseudo wannabe Ferrari, but not a Ferrari.

If they do the guitar in the Pro Series, we can talk, because that guitar can really hit the specs, but not as X-Series because I own the X-Series version of the Black/Xellow bevel RR24.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
So Charvel has posted their second teaser pic that makes it look like the Pro Mods are finally getting a carve in the heel. Uh oh. Maybe the Schecter Sun Valley made them bring their A game a little more? At this point, the clunky neck joint was becoming my only complaint with Charvel and I thought they saw it as legacy enough that they weren't going to ditch it.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
No, it's just that a guitar isn't only about looks.
And many people play Rhoads guitars. A guitar has other
specifications than only the finish and the colour of the hardware.
That is what I was trying to say. Sure, it some kind of "vibe" too it.
But it has infact, when you really look at the specs, nothing to do
with the original.

If you have a car that looks similar to a Ferrari but it has a Renault
engine in it and whatever else, would you call it a Ferrari? Maybe a
pseudo wannabe Ferrari, but not a Ferrari.

If they do the guitar in the Pro Series, we can talk, because that guitar can really hit the specs, but not as X-Series because I own the X-Series version of the Black/Xellow bevel RR24.

Dude,

Alexi signature ESP isn't even available in the US lol. The only Alexi you get in US is the elongated SV. You Have To Order Outside THE US to get a proper one. So even if we wanted "correct spec" it's damage hard. Plus most prod unction models don't have the last 4 frets scalloped like he does.

No one said it was an exact match to Alexi guitar. I said specifically they are going an Alexi route. It's a 24 fret RR with gold hardware and yellow bevels. It's pretty obvious.

A ton of artist sigs on the market right now aren't even made to the artist spec. It's just a cheap variant.

And Some of Alexi Jacksons had a single coil in the neck.

Not sure why you seem kern on trolling the topic...Your essentially saying artist signature guitars and customs are made to their spec.... Shocker...

Mathemagician

Reaction score
And that would have been a bad design decision to leave a giant square heel. Because then they were limiting themselves to "buyers that want a charvel". As many people indifferent to brand might pick up a Schecter with SS frets, a carved heel, and an equal or better trem and decide "this one is more comfortable".

Like you said, aside from "legacy" there isn't a benefit to having a giant bulky heel. It's the main reason I sold my '12 So Cal less than a year later. Loved the look, didn't like how it played.

feraledge

Reaction score
And that would have been a bad design decision to leave a giant square heel. Because then they were limiting themselves to "buyers that want a charvel". As many people indifferent to brand might pick up a Schecter with SS frets, a carved heel, and an equal or better trem and decide "this one is more comfortable".

Like you said, aside from "legacy" there isn't a benefit to having a giant bulky heel. It's the main reason I sold my '12 So Cal less than a year later. Loved the look, didn't like how it played.

Definitely. A Custom Select Charvel would have cost me around what my Sully 624T did, there are many reasons I went with Sully (very glad I did!), but among them was these sexy carves:
rearcontours_zpsysjzokqc.jpg

Charvel wins by getting to keep the Strat headstock and having nailed this, but they've proven their point, the USA line appeals more to "traditional" Charvel aesthetics, so the Pro Mods should be able to adapt. Because right now, the Sun Valley is looking pretty appealing. The truss wheel was a huge step, so if they're making other modifications, even better.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
Definitely. A Custom Select Charvel would have cost me around what my Sully 624T did, there are many reasons I went with Sully (very glad I did!), but among them was these sexy carves:
rearcontours_zpsysjzokqc.jpg

Charvel wins by getting to keep the Strat headstock and having nailed this, but they've proven their point, the USA line appeals more to "traditional" Charvel aesthetics, so the Pro Mods should be able to adapt. Because right now, the Sun Valley is looking pretty appealing. The truss wheel was a huge step, so if they're making other modifications, even better.

OMG THIS IS SOOOO funny. As SOON as I saw that model on Schecters site I went "uh oh, shots fired". Too bad it'll have a neck like a lamp post.

I am loving the truss wheel ideas. I hope this is on the mind of a lot of manufacturers. It's awesome to have that adjustment available so conveniently.

Millul

Reaction score
So Charvel has posted their second teaser pic that makes it look like the Pro Mods are finally getting a carve in the heel. Uh oh. Maybe the Schecter Sun Valley made them bring their A game a little more? At this point, the clunky neck joint was becoming my only complaint with Charvel and I thought they saw it as legacy enough that they weren't going to ditch it.

For real...?!?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Chef, most new Schecters have the "Sls" neck which is really quite thin and comfortable. I mean, yeah schecter has a few different necks and this might be a bigger one, but for example the banshee/merrow guitars are pretty thin without going into ibanez territory.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
Thats true. I actually liked the blackjack neck I played a bit ago. Much improved.

Man, I REALLY need to emphasize when I am using dark humor lol.

I did recently try a banshee and was suprised at the neck thickness considering the target consumer. Not Strat like by any means but I expected a more Wizard territory. Felt more "in between" the blackjack and hellraisers which surprised me.

I am spoiled by Jacksons compound radius on my SLSMG tho. That to me is a perfect neck shape.

I cut my teeth on the LTDM400 mid 2000's and that neck was super wide and thin so maybe I am just heavily biased.

I am excited to see what jackson puts out from what I have heard it might be a surprising year.

feraledge

Reaction score
Thats true. I actually liked the blackjack neck I played a bit ago. Much improved.

Man, I REALLY need to emphasize when I am using dark humor lol.

I did recently try a banshee and was suprised at the neck thickness considering the target consumer. Not Strat like by any means but I expected a more Wizard territory. Felt more "in between" the blackjack and hellraisers which surprised me.

I am spoiled by Jacksons compound radius on my SLSMG tho. That to me is a perfect neck shape.

I cut my teeth on the LTDM400 mid 2000's and that neck was super wide and thin so maybe I am just heavily biased.

I am excited to see what jackson puts out from what I have heard it might be a surprising year.

Depends on which Wizard, the bigger thing for me is the C of the SLS, etc shapes versus the flat back of Ibanez. My wrists love a good C. Which Banshee did you try? I've never tried an Extreme, but the originals were great and not too thin IMO.
BTW, radius =/= neck shape, it's just the radius of the fretboard.

aceinet

Reaction score
Nut size man, nut size! :lol:

The dang Schecters are going with the 1.625 nut size, even smaller than what they use on most of their guitars. Yet they are sticking with the more traditional (aka what Eddie used) smaller size for the Sun Valley model. Why? The rest of the specs are great.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score

None
of Alexi's Jacksons had single coil in the neck. The yellow beveled RR with single coil in the neck belongs to Roope Latvala.

Can that guy please get into another band so that he can have old school as hell custom ESP or Jackson? Come on Roope!

starkill

Reaction score
Can that guy please get into another band so that he can have old school as hell custom ESP or Jackson? Come on Roope!
I'd love to see Stone again.
His own band Roope had before he went on with COB.
But as it seems, Roope has retired. In terms of music.
By the way: The Stone music is great.

XMetalcheFX

Chef de Extreme
Reaction score
I'd love to see Stone again.
His own band Roope had before he went on with COB.
But as it seems, Roope has retired. In terms of music.
By the way: The Stone music is great.

I know he does session stuff for other metal bands and has some liner note credits.

I THOUGHT he was in another small project with someone from Meshuggah, or maybe soil-work I cant remember off hand.

That guy is an EXTREMELY underrated player.

feilong29

Reaction score

None
of Alexi's Jacksons had single coil in the neck. The yellow beveled RR with single coil in the neck belongs to Roope Latvala.

And it was a glorious RR as well! Made me rethink my FS/FT ad haha!

big_Roope_2011_20Cropped.jpg

Soundi12-1991.jpg

Latest posts

')