NFL 2024-2025 Season Thread

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sitting here watching the Hall Of Fame preseason opener between the Texans & Bears and I'm happy that football is back but pissed that Winter is gonna be here before I know it.

I'm from New England so y'all already know who I root for. They sucked in the 90's when I started watching football, self explanatory with Brady in the 00's, and back to shit now just like the good old days.

I predict a 3-5 win season from the Patriots, and 3 sounds the most likely to me.

I look forward to all of your bold predictions about what will happen across the league this season.

Happy "Football is (sort of) back" day!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I live in NE and I do root for the Pats but have always been a Seattle Seahawks fan. It's only because my father was stationed in the Puget Sound in the 80s and growing up there, I have always liked them.

Anxious to see how Mike MacDonald will be this year as HC. Kinda bittersweet to see Pete Carroll go, but it was time.

I did not watch the game last night just highlights. Bummer they didn't get to finish the game.

Go Hawks!

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel kinda stupid for making this thread because I missed the regular NFL thread you made despite it being right on the first page of the sports section. But alas, the damage is done. My bad!

Moongrum

Reaction score
Anxious to see how Mike MacDonald will be this year as HC.
Yeah, I'm not really sure how he will be as a leader. Our wide receiver room is stacked, so I'm hopeful Grubb will have Geno feeding the receivers like he was at UW, but I'm also quite worried Grubb is going to get bamboozled by NFL level defenses and play calling. Just a ton of inexperience in that coaching staff.
Also, a bit worrying when the best player on the team is a cornerback lol.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I predict a 3-5 win season from the Patriots, and 3 sounds the most likely to me.

I look forward to all of your bold predictions about what will happen across the league this season.

Happy "Football is (sort of) back" day!
It's a bit exciting, though, right? Despite my negative post, I'm super pumped for the Seahawks season, just because I have no idea what's going to happen. A Billichek-less Pats is hard to believe, I'm excited to see how Mayo does and how Maye will develop. I also want to see Joe Milton do well, just because I love seeing big giant athletic dudes at qb just firing the ball over the field with no remorse for interceptions haha. I think I'm a bit of masochist, though, because the Jets were one of my favorite teams to watch last season because they were so awful on offense 😂

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really sure how he will be as a leader. Our wide receiver room is stacked, so I'm hopeful Grubb will have Geno feeding the receivers like he was at UW, but I'm also quite worried Grubb is going to get bamboozled by NFL level defenses and play calling. Just a ton of inexperience in that coaching staff.
Also, a bit worrying when the best player on the team is a cornerback lol.
I, too, worry about Geno, easpecially his health but I have been hearing good things about Sam Howell stepping up in camp just in case Geno is out. I've been watching all the pressers and Tariq Woolen should have a great season as he's the only one I've worried about in the past, as far as defense, I feel pretty confident. Hoping Ryan Grubb does well as OC, too.
:agreed:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm pro-anyone but the god damn KC Chiefs, since I don't expect anything from the Patriots this season, I'm curious to see if any new teams emerge as powerhouses or at least not dumpster fires like before. Realistically, I'll probably end up back in the 49ers camp since Purdy stepped up in his rookie season and they've got a very strong core, although Aiyuk seems to want out and he's a big piece for them.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm pro-anyone but the god damn KC Chiefs, since I don't expect anything from the Patriots this season, I'm curious to see if any new teams emerge as powerhouses or at least not dumpster fires like before. Realistically, I'll probably end up back in the 49ers camp since Purdy stepped up in his rookie season and they've got a very strong core, although Aiyuk seems to want out and he's a big piece for them.
I agree about the Chiefs but also the Niners. I hate both those teams. I wish they would start sucking which is bound to not happen unfortunately...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I agree about the Chiefs but also the Niners. I hate both those teams. I wish they would start sucking which is bound to not happen unfortunately...

Unfortunately for you, I think 49ers are re-bounding from the Kaepernick era and intend to stay this way for a little while, and Chiefs are good for what may be the first time in franchise history so they're also clinging to it; although as a Seahawks fan, I can definitely see why you're tired of the Niners :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Unfortunately for you, I think 49ers are re-bounding from the Kaepernick era and intend to stay this way for a little while, and Chiefs are good for what may be the first time in franchise history so they're also clinging to it; although as a Seahawks fan, I can definitely see why you're tired of the Niners :lol:
Yeah, I am but much respect to how they're coached. Shanahan (and McVay) pretty much owned Pete Carroll so hoping since he's gone now that things will be different. :lol:

')