NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
So we've got two ones, a two and a five next sunday. Having a tough time believing (pragmatically) that the niners can win ANOTHER road game (this will be 4 in a row)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice effort by the Chargers towards the end but it begs the question as to why they didn't do that in the first place. :noplease: I knew Denver would win this game but I thought it would've been a better game if SD kept it close. Nice win for Denver. They played very well. Went 4-0 in my picks this week. :yesway:

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
One thing I hate about football day......."better cardboard, better, topping (that's singular) papa johns"....

potatohead

Reaction score
There really are a crapton of commercials. I like to give the game about an hour headstart on the DVR and then you can skip past the ads and catch up about the end of the game anyway... But it's hard to do that this time of year.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Never change Phillip, never change.

rivecape.gif

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^I laughed so fcuking hard when I saw that during the game. That was after one of Julius Thomas' game clinching completions.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Poor philip.

Btw, I really do not condone what kap did yesterday.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
does anyone have a gif of the 49ers linebacker jumping over the O-line before the snap in the Panthers game?

EDIT: found it

offsides.gif

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty bad. I think he'll get a bit of a hard time for that. At least it wasn't costly.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
It is such a shame Chris Harris Jr tore his ACL. Him AND Von Miller? Ugh.

Really hope Mr Champ Bailey feels good enough to take that spot... which Harris took over for Bailey in the first place lol.

Manning and Brady have both won a Super Bowl after hosting the other in the AFC Championship game.... Hoping that trend continues! No need to break Manning's "hasn't lost to the same team twice in a season since 2007" stat right??

This game is going to be Super Bowl exciting for me.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Laughed even harder when this happened. But because of Robert Ayers mocking Rivers. :lol:

rivers-tantrum-2.gif

Mile High may be one of his favorite places to play, but not when the crowd is THAT fired up.

5 Neutral Zone Infractions.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought it was funny when Eric Decker ran out of bounds and Rivers bumped into him outside the sideline...looked like he did it on purpose. Decker had a little surprised look too.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Forgot all about that, you're right.

I was devastated when Decker tripped on that return. And even more devastated when Holliday's got called back. That dude is so fast when he can hold onto the ball.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
Out of all the head coaching jobs that were out there, I'm surprised Detroit is STILL open. :shrug: Detroit is a talented squad, they just need someone to help them play more discipline.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
BREAKING: As I watch Numbers Never Lie according to ESPN insiders the Lions hired Jim Caldwell as their head coach.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Surprised no one mentioned this:
Ken Whisenhunt accepts job as Tennessee Titans coach - NFL.com

Figured he would be a lock for Detroit. Oh well.

Yeah, I thought so too. I think Whisenhunt did a fantastic job in SD and although the Arizon Cardinals had issues with their quarterbacks last year, I still thought he did alright in Arizona last season. I expect him to do well in Tennessee. There is a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and as I said earlier with a healthy Jake Locker, this team will be great IMO. I thought Detroit would've been a better move but I like Caldwell and I was not surprise to hear the news of him headed to Detroit. He's great and I think he'll do fine. I just hope Stafford gets better and maybe this will help. I was looking at the draft needs for each team and it seems as though another receiver would help ease the pressure off Calvin Johnson and maybe some O-lineman and possibly some DBs as well. It was a sad thing to see the Lions not make the playoffs with the amount of talent they have. Hopefully Caldwell well get a good thing going there as it was said that the Lions organization is the most exciting organization for a new coach to go to. :agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Forgot all about that, you're right.

I was devastated when Decker tripped on that return. And even more devastated when Holliday's got called back. That dude is so fast when he can hold onto the ball.

I feel the same way about negated plays. The Seahawks like to run Robert Turbin, the 2nd runningback who I think is a great runningback but everytime he hits a huge play, it gets called back, everytime! It's insane. It's almost as though it is impossible for him to run without any of the offensive lineman getting called on a hold of sorts. I've seen it all season. It's not like Turbin is anything like Marshawn Lynch but still, the guy is fast and can run but never seems to get a huge play without it being called back.

Now, as far as kickoff returns go....Seattle has had some returns called back as well. Michael Morgan has had penalties which have negated some returns by Golden Tate and it's just bugs me to see it. I hate penalties but those are the rules. I just wish Seattle would clean up their penalties as they lead the league with penalties, it'd be nice if they clean up their penalties. :agreed:

')