NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Any coach that doesn't respect the opponent's coach is going to lose, every time.

Also, I'm ridiculously anxious for this game against New England. It feels soooo far away.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crimsonghost

Reaction score
:agreed:

The way I see it. Everybody on the team is just competitive and that is what Pete Carroll is all about. Competition. He has high regards for the 49ers. I would like to think that Harbaugh respects Carroll.

Those two hate each other. Personally, I can't stand Carroll. But I do agree that Harbaugh is a bit intense.

As far as the niners hate goes, I just moved to seattle and the hate up here is intense. I can't stand hawks fans and every time I turn on the news it's the only thing they talk about. They just have no respect for other teams (I lol'd when the news team called Drew brees a "mediocre quarterback at best").

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
The only team I remotely give a shit to see win at this point is Seattle. Their fans have suffered long enough and they deserve a successful season. I hope they ruin everyone that's left in their path. I really dislike Kaepernick and think he'll end up being a fraud like Vick and all the other rushing QBs. Peyton has a ring, Brady has too many, let's see Beast Mode and Wilson get some jewelry. Go Seachickens, go 12th man!

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Wilson can wait. Peyton needs at least 1 more before he retires.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Those two hate each other. Personally, I can't stand Carroll. But I do agree that Harbaugh is a bit intense.

As far as the niners hate goes, I just moved to seattle and the hate up here is intense. I can't stand hawks fans and every time I turn on the news it's the only thing they talk about. They just have no respect for other teams (I lol'd when the news team called Drew brees a "mediocre quarterback at best").

While I'll agree that there are bad Seahawk fans out there, I can assure you that most of the "good fans" respect the 49ers and the same goes for Carroll and the team, most of them anyway.....Carroll has stated numerous times via press conferences that he respects Harbaugh. :shrug:

What gets me about the bad fans is that they add fuel to the fire. I understand it's a rivalry but some things just get taken too far. Most 49er fans I've come across are absolutely disrespectful to the point where they wish injuries upon their rival team players.....or, if they get hurt, it's a laughing matter and the name calling is insane as well. :noway:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
The only team I remotely give a shit to see win at this point is Seattle. Their fans have suffered long enough and they deserve a successful season. I hope they ruin everyone that's left in their path. I really dislike Kaepernick and think he'll end up being a fraud like Vick and all the other rushing QBs. Peyton has a ring, Brady has too many, let's see Beast Mode and Wilson get some jewelry. Go Seachickens, go 12th man!

I surely hope they can win this Sunday. Kaepernick's comment at the end of their game in Charlotte was that they are a different team than they were the last time they came and I completely agree with having their key players back, they have gotten better. Also, they went back to the fundamentals of their running game through mid-season and their defense is healthy and they got healthy at the right time.

If they play defense like they did against the Panthers, it'll be hard for Russell Wilson to make plays. I see this game as both teams pressuring the quarterbacks, loading the box to stop the run and with each team taking some kind of advantage of the safeties. 49ers have great linebackers who are smart and quick. Wilson struggled against them the last time at Candlestick. Seattle's defense should pressure Kaepernick but he has the ability to run and once he does, he's gone. So it'll be a tough task. I hope they can do it. Go Hawks!

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
If there's a team that is quick enough to contain Kaepernick's running, it's Seattle. I think it's going to be a MUCH different game this time around. I feel like Beast Mode will be in full effect. I can't wait to see this game.

MrPepperoniNipples

Reaction score
As much as I like the Seahawks and would like to see them win on Sunday, I can't help but be irritated by all the attention their fanbase gets now.

When the team was losing I wasn't hearing anything about how dedicated the fans are and how they're a great fanbase like in Pittsburgh and Green Bay, but now that the team is winning suddenly it's the best fanbase in the NFL.

02poncho

Reaction score
Were forgetting that having Crabtree back is going to take some of Seattles secondary pressure away from the run game and even if Crabtree only draws single coverage (likely Sherman) its going to open up lanes for both Gore and Kaepernick. Now that all of SF's receivers are healthy, they aren't likely to stack the box as hard as they usually would against this team.

02poncho

Reaction score
A Denver-Seattle Super Bowl NEEDS to happen for two reasons:

1. It will cement Peyton's legacy if he is able to overcome a truly elite defense.

2. It will cement Seattle's defense as one of the greatest (THE greatest?) to ever play the game if they can shut down the #1 offense in NFL history...without the aid of their stadium.

potatohead

Reaction score
No Harvin for Sunday, so that's a real bummer. However KJ Wright is a real possibility after breaking his foot about six weeks ago. That guy is one heck of a linebacker and adds greatly to the run defense and to the pass rush when needed.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Would be nice to see Manning capture his second and then ride off into the sunset just as Elway did. (right when Peyton had just entered the league)

Pats vs Hawks would be cool. (northeast vs northwest)
A victory there would probably solidify Belichick's status as the greatest coach in NFL history. (why don't people bring up Chuck Noll more in that discussion?)

No matter who gets in this week it's going to be a young gun vs old gun shootout at the Bowl.
In both cases the young gun will have the defensive advantage making it even more heroic for the old gun should he win.

Media will sure love this one!

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
While Carroll is a little bit off the wall, Harbaugh is on another level. It's like every single call is life or death to him.

I dunno. I'm not kreskin, but I don't think of Carroll as any different. He may be more "likable" to the media, but Harbaugh is a good coach. He did it with SD, he did it with Stanford, he's done it with the noners. I don't think he's a bad guy, at least he's not being so smug.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
So it's all down to this.

Sea/SF: Can knuckknukc get over the seattle blues?

DEN/NE: Can Manning get past the "hump" considering the matchup?

I got brady/wilson in the SB. (which I won't watch :lol: ) but is there some magic? Mannin has better receivers........Hmmmmmmmmmm. Dunno. Wilson has the "legion of boom" which should be sufficient, but maybe those physical wides/TE can get something going?

Stay tuned. The noners have exceeded my expectations this year......who knows...........

Crimsonghost

Reaction score
When the team was losing I wasn't hearing anything about how dedicated the fans are and how they're a great fanbase like in Pittsburgh and Green Bay, but now that the team is winning suddenly it's the best fanbase in the NFL.

^this. 100%

As much as I want the niners back in the Super Bowl, my money is on Payton this year. He's had a hell of a season and earned it. I don't think kap is ready (although the rest of the team is), and the chickens arnt there yet either.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
No Harvin for Sunday, so that's a real bummer. However KJ Wright is a real possibility after breaking his foot about six weeks ago. That guy is one heck of a linebacker and adds greatly to the run defense and to the pass rush when needed.

Yeah, I knew it was a long shot on getting Harvin back so soon but was hoping he'd have a speedy recovery. Pete Carroll did say that he'd be ready to go next week, if they're fortunate enough to get past SF.

The way I see it is that they have won a lot of games without him and they should be fine but Seattle's offense hasn't been that great as of late and I would think that the team is going to miss him. It's a bummer. :agreed:

It is good news that KJ Wright is coming back. He's had a speedy recovery and is ready to go. The more pass-rushers, the better. :yesway:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
My friend's Facebook status just cracked me up.

"Since my Saints let me down, I predict:

Seacocks 27, Vaginers 24
Donkeys 41, Cheating Assholes 34"

:lol:

02poncho

Reaction score
I love Peyton. Watched him grow up as a Gators fan [with his Vols never able to topple us :)] and he was always fun to watch in Indy as he'd slowly but surely break the will of defenses and start picking them apart. But if Manning can't beat Brady with this LOADED of a Broncos team and that make-shift NE team, I'm afraid he will go down only as the best regular season QB in NFL history. Today is a MUST win for him.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
What unbelievably perfect weather here in Denver today!

67° at kickoff, they say. SIXTY-SEVEN. I haven't seen that high of a temp in awhile. Fitting, that it would be today.

UNITED IN ORANGE, GO BRONCOS!

6cqe.jpg

')