NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
We got owned. We got soooooo unbelievably owned.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
:lol:

PU4aUUu.gif

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So earlier in the week, I pulled the number two twice on a pool I was in. I was angry because I said "No one is going to get a safety in this game. Hell, if someone gets a safety off of Peyton, I'm turning the game off."

:squint:

Anyway, congrats to the Seahawks. They're going to be scary for years to come.

TrashJuice

Reaction score
As a Colts fan, it is way easier to stomach watching Manning crap his pants in the playoffs now that he plays for Denver. I was still mildly pulling for Denver, but I guess I'm not surprised at how the game went. It was vintage postseason Manning. Flustered and happy-footed in the pocket = bad game for PM.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very happy over here. People are talking about Denver playing badly, and they did, but I don't think they realized what they were up against. I have watched every second of every game over the last several seasons and these guys are utterly incredible to watch. It's not good enough for them to make a tackle. They either HAMMER you doing it, or go for the ball doing it, or both. It's really impressive.

I am also glad for Harvin. Guy has been through a lot this season and came up huge when it mattered.

I was really happy for Harvin as well. It was really good to see him stay in the game until the end and his kick return for a TD was what made it all worth it in the end. :agreed:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I thought, that if the Seahawks won, I would have a newfound hate. But because they owned us so fcuking badly, I can't help but just congratulate them.

It wasn't the officiating, it wasn't "typical post-season" Manning (O-Line never gave him enough time), it wasn't the fault of our receivers, etc.... we just got destroyed by a defense that is NOT overrated. Doing that to us proves how real those dudes really are.

TrashJuice

Reaction score
I thought, that if the Seahawks won, I would have a newfound hate. But because they owned us so fcuking badly, I can't help but just congratulate them.

It wasn't the officiating, it wasn't "typical post-season" Manning (O-Line never gave him enough time), it wasn't the fault of our receivers, etc.... we just got destroyed by a defense that is NOT overrated. Doing that to us proves how real those dudes really are.

It was pretty impressive. That might be the best defense since the 85 Bears. At least since the 2000 Ravens. The Seahawks are stacked at multiple positions. But as with any group that is so good, other teams will pick them apart in free agency. They have too many good players that are super cheap right now. It can't last.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The only weird thing about this past Super Bowl week, is that the Broncos were forced to spend like 3 days out on a cruise ship, even though they were complaining of seasickness. I guess that's why we had some "Probable - Illness" players.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought a lot of it had to with Seattle's front 7, like the 49ers, who also have one of the best (if not the best) front 7s that cause a lot of problems for opposing offenses. It all started there which allowed Kam Chancellor (should've been MVP IMO) to set the tone on their receivers. Also, Denver's offensive line struggled with the outside rushers of Seattle. I knew it would take a lot to disrupt Manning as it has been proven most all season long that their offensive line did a great job in protecting Manning.

It was a blowout, sure.....I still have respect for Manning and the Broncos. I am happy for the Seahawks though. They needed one after having that one loss to the Steelers in their last and only Superbowl appearance before this one. I thought the defense dominated but I liked what Percy Harvin did and Russell Wilson played well with both Baldwin and Kearse stepping up. Special Teams did fantastic too. It was a complete game in terms of offense, defense and special teams. :yesway:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
What do you guys think about Wilson's new venture?
This just a way to get his current contract (almost league minimum $) re-negotiated way before the Hawks are obligated to?

Pay me or share me seems like a very smart tactic for him.

It's certainly in the Hawks best interest to bump up his pay, even if it's not a full blown huge long-term deal this year.
I know he's at 600,000 through next season, which is honestly kind of insulting now that he's a proven winner at the highest level.

Russell Wilson plans to attend Texas Rangers spring training | FOX Sports on MSN

Maybe they (hawks) can come to a go-between contract that reflects better on his value.

Something I completely missed because I turned the channel in disgust in the third quarter;
Peyton Manning set all-time super bowl single game completion record (34).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_records#Passing
Go Broncos!!!!

potatohead

Reaction score
Could be a negotiating tactic, could also just be a guy who wants to go to spring training and check it out. He couldn't cut it past AA ball before and that's why he went back to school and played football. For a guy that has openly stated he wants to be one of the best QB's of all time, and as dedicated as he is, there is no way he is going to try and play both sports (which he couldn't make it to the MLB anyway).

Also even though he only makes 600k I think it's safe to say Mr. Allen the billionaire has tossed some serious bonuses his way (and probably to the whole team).

TrashJuice

Reaction score
Also even though he only makes 600k I think it's safe to say Mr. Allen the billionaire has tossed some serious bonuses his way (and probably to the whole team).

I would guess that bonuses are strongly limited by the salary cap.

potatohead

Reaction score
I would guess that bonuses are strongly limited by the salary cap.

As far as I know, in the playoffs the players are technically playing for free and can get whatever type of bonus the owner feels is earned.

lewstherin006

Reaction score
Could be a negotiating tactic, could also just be a guy who wants to go to spring training and check it out. He couldn't cut it past AA ball before and that's why he went back to school and played football. For a guy that has openly stated he wants to be one of the best QB's of all time, and as dedicated as he is, there is no way he is going to try and play both sports (which he couldn't make it to the MLB anyway).

I think he is just showing up at the Rangers camp to hang out. He isnt going to play both sports. I mean he just won a super bowl.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Wilson doesn't seem like the type of guy to do this for negotiation purposes. Probably just going to hang out.

And even if he did it for negotiation purposes, well, do you blame him? The kid is going to be the face of the Seahawks franchise for years to come, and he's earned it.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
What I'm wondering, is if Denver will pay out for Decker. I'd prefer that to paying out for Moreno. Ball will be our star RB anyway. Decker and Manning have good chemistry; maintain the receiving core.

Rodgers-Cromartie and Ayers, those are the ones I'm worried about possibly losing.

')