NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TrashJuice

Reaction score
What I'm wondering, is if Denver will pay out for Decker. I'd prefer that to paying out for Moreno. Ball will be our star RB anyway. Decker and Manning have good chemistry; maintain the receiving core.

Rodgers-Cromartie and Ayers, those are the ones I'm worried about possibly losing.

My impression is that Decker is a really good WR2 but wouldn't do as well as a primary receiver. However he has some serious stats with Manning so it's quite possible a team will overpay him to be a WR1.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Very rarely does paying another team's WR2 #1 money work out. Often for some reason injuries seem to plague the players when they transition, or they just don't get the favorable matchups anymore when they start getting double covered or covered by a top corner.

Also, you end up in a bidding war and often overpaying. Successful teams build through the draft, especially at that position. Of course there's exceptions to every rule (eg Anquan Boldin), but most often it doesn't seem to work out. [And I don't include B Marshall because his was a psychological issue (BPD) that required medication.]

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Decker would be wise to stay with us, methinks.

I don't think we'll lose him, Rodgers-Cromartie or Ayers; at least I hope not.

Bold prediction: I think Maurice Jones-Drew could be a Bronco next season. He deserves a Super Bowl, we're likely going to lose Moreno. MJD is still a beast; and if we could make Moreno look great, MJD could break records. I don't think the Jags will get to a Super Bowl before he retires. The Jags WILL be a team to take seriously within 2 years, though.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wilson has gone to spring training in MLB, he actually is slowly becoming a Mariners fan, no surprise there but as Deion Sanders said, he should definitely consider taking up both sports but I think it's mostly him wanting to hang out and speak at their facilities...that and he's just a fan of the sport but obviously football is first. :agreed:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Decker would be wise to stay with us, methinks.

I don't think we'll lose him, Rodgers-Cromartie or Ayers; at least I hope not.

Bold prediction: I think Maurice Jones-Drew could be a Bronco next season. He deserves a Super Bowl, we're likely going to lose Moreno. MJD is still a beast; and if we could make Moreno look great, MJD could break records. I don't think the Jags will get to a Super Bowl before he retires. The Jags WILL be a team to take seriously within 2 years, though.

I would think Decker would stay too. As far as MJD going to Denver....I like that and I think he'd blend in well. I've always been a fan of him. :yesway:

After watching Golden Tate's press conference, he seems to want to stay in Seattle which I think is good but Pete Carroll said in his press conference that Sidney Rice is coming along quickly which leads me to believe that he could stay. I like Percy Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse but I think i'd like for them to keep both Tate and Rice. Michael Bennett has already address he wants to stay in Seattle (even though his brother wants him in Chicago) and wants to retire there. Free Agency can be good and bad. Lots of tough decisions to make. :shrug:

Offseason Forecast: Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Everything I've heard seems to be pointing towards Rice getting cut, and Tate possibly staying for a discount, since he has family in Seattle anyway. Either way, Seattle should take a recieving threat with pick #32.

I also have a feeling that MJD and/or Knowshon Moreno will be playing for a Manning brother next season. I feel like Moreno could work as a Giant, and MJD I feel could go either way.

potatohead

Reaction score
I would think Decker would stay too. As far as MJD going to Denver....I like that and I think he'd blend in well. I've always been a fan of him. :yesway:

After watching Golden Tate's press conference, he seems to want to stay in Seattle which I think is good but Pete Carroll said in his press conference that Sidney Rice is coming along quickly which leads me to believe that he could stay. I like Percy Harvin, Baldwin and Kearse but I think i'd like for them to keep both Tate and Rice. Michael Bennett has already address he wants to stay in Seattle (even though his brother wants him in Chicago) and wants to retire there. Free Agency can be good and bad. Lots of tough decisions to make. :shrug:

Offseason Forecast: Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

I hope they can keep Bennett, I really like that guy and he made some huge plays this year. I also thought what he said about Jimmy Graham was hilarious :lol:.

If they can only keep three of those five receivers I hope it's Tate, Harvin and Baldwin, with Rice a close fourth. I did hear a few days ago that Rice was gone, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet. I guess we'll see how it goes.

TrashJuice

Reaction score
Any poor, unfortunate Browns fans here? After firing their HC after one year, Haslam has fired his GM and CEO. It's hard to imagine a worse-run team in the NFL.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I hope they can keep Bennett, I really like that guy and he made some huge plays this year. I also thought what he said about Jimmy Graham was hilarious :lol:.

If they can only keep three of those five receivers I hope it's Tate, Harvin and Baldwin, with Rice a close fourth. I did hear a few days ago that Rice was gone, but I haven't seen that confirmed yet. I guess we'll see how it goes.

I agree. Definitely keep Baldwin in the mix. I like Golden Tate, especially in the return game. Sidney Rice has had some great catches and great plays here and there but nothing worth going crazy over....you'd think he'd stay for less money as Golden Tate might do as well. Bennett has expressed his interest to stay in Seattle even more on NFL Network and it seems as though they'll make him a priority. :agreed:

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Damn! Saints let go W. Smith, Vilma, Greer, and Harper all at once today! Sheesh.

Each one of those guys started the last time they played. making room for Jimmy Graham's fat ass contract sux! :(

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Damn! Saints let go W. Smith, Vilma, Greer, and Harper all at once today! Sheesh.

Each one of those guys started the last time they played. making room for Jimmy Graham's fat ass contract sux! :(

Somehow I knew that would happen. Jimmy Graham is a great player too....it's tough when teams let players go. It is my least favorite part of the nfl.

I know Seattle will let some players go to give both Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman and possibly Michael Bennett their new contracts but it's too bad about other players on the team regardless if they have a SB ring or not, they're like family on that team and I'm sure it's like that in other organizations. It's too bad players have to make so much but I understand, it's a business and it's not only tough for the players but tough for the fans. :agreed:

potatohead

Reaction score
I had a dream (nightmare) last night that Thomas and Sherman were both Vikings. I was sad :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had a dream (nightmare) last night that Thomas and Sherman were both Vikings. I was sad :lol:

:lol: That would be insane! It's more like Vikings becoming Seahawks.....Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin.....John Schneider and Pete Carroll are good at finding talent in the offseason and who knows...they could keep adding depth to the secondary to keep the team young and fresh but I just don't see both Sherman and Thomas going anywhere...I hope!

So, I totally forgot about Scruggs coming back too and that means that Bennett could go. I think it'll come down to them making an offer that Bennett might not like. Tate will do it but I don't Know about Bennett. I'd like for him to stay. He has been a huge part of the defense and would hate to lose him. Chris Clemons and Clinton McDonald could go as well. Tough decisions!

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
I especially like how the (what's the PC term here?) guy with greater density just kind of runs through it barely noticing. :lol:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Sidney Rice, Red Bryant released by Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com

^ I was kinda bummed out that Sidney Rice couldn't stay because of his salary and I feel as though he really didn't earn a superbowl ring even though he did contribute a lot in his time at Seattle and he will be missed. :( I hope he comes back for less money. I know if I were him, I wouldn't be satisfied with winning a superbowl ring without playing which would make me want to earn one. Hopefully it's in Seattle. Would've love to have seen both Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice out there.

As for Red Bryant, I do see him signing for less as he's a leader of the team and pretty much had seniority along with Mebane. If I were him, I'd retire. He got his ring so why not? These tough decisions are rough. :noplease:

TrashJuice

Reaction score
Why not retire? Because he's only 29 and can still make millions of dollars playing a game he likes?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
')