NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
New Bucs Unis -

0ap2000000330520.jpg

Saw them yesterday and I kinda like them but Kinda don't. I mean, the logo on the helmet that has been enlarged kinda looks cool but the numbers on the jerseys could be better imo, maybe its the font. Ok, I guess. :shrug:

I love their Buccaneer Bruce, orange creamsicle unis better. Wish they brought those back. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TrashJuice

Reaction score
Other than the number font I dig the new uniforms.

Isn't Buccaneer Bruce an alternative lifestyle symbol?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the numbers on the jerseys could be better imo, maybe its the font.

They look like 'arena football' uniforms, in that aspect.

I love their Buccaneer Bruce, orange creamsicle unis better. Wish they brought those back. :yesway:

Isn't Buccaneer Bruce an alternative lifestyle symbol?

I have no idea, but the white/orange TB cheerleader uniforms are hand down the hottest in the NFL.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Red Bryant will be missed but at least he is reunited with his former Defensive Coordinator, Gus Bradley. :yesway:

Red Bryant inks 4-year deal with Jacksonville Jaguars - NFL.com

It's not a surprise as Marcus Trufant as well as Winston Guy had gone to Jacksonville last year around this time only Marcus Trufant is no longer on the team :scratch:

I am happy he ended up in Jacksonville, rather him go there than SF and any other team. :yesway:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
T.J. Ward and Aqib Talib both became Broncos today.

We're also the favorites to land DeMarcus Ware and Jared Allen.

:cool:

If all of this happens, Montee Ball continues to be a beast and Decker's shoes are filled... we better WIN the Super Bowl.

P.S. I wish we could grab Jones-Drew; I think he'd shine with us just as much as he did in his prime.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Saints landed Byrd!!!!:eek:

Holy crap we probably have the best set of safeties in the league now. Vaccaro and Byrd! I can not believe Loomis pulled this off.:hbang:

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'm going to miss Byrd :( Hopefully the Bills use the money they save from not getting a deal with him done wisely.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware is a Bronco!

Now go get Jared Allen, Mr Elway!

We made it to the Super Bowl with a mediocre defense... there is no reason we shouldn't win now.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We made it to the Super Bowl with a mediocre defense... there is no reason we shouldn't win now.

Pray that's some time in the next two years, because all these FA signings of older guys make for a pretty small window.

I'm curious how all these big number signings look against their cap space.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Wow, I thought for sure that the Pats would re-sign Talib. Pretty cool that Denver acquired both him and Demarcus Ware. It seems as though Elway is stacking his defense to get his team to the Superbowl and win before Manning's time is up, seems logical to me but that would be very disappointing if it didn't happen. Anyway, I like the acquisition of Talib, always been a fan of him as well as Ware. :yesway:

Gonna miss Clem though...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333336/article/chris-clemons-released-by-seattle-seahawks

But they needed to do it, it sucks but it's all part of business. I am curious to see where he will go....

as well as Golden Tate :(

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000333486/article/golden-tate-detroit-lions-strike-fiveyear-contract

I was a little upset with this as I am a fan of Golden Tate but I thought Doug Baldwin played just as well. :shrug:

After watching Tate's press conferences I was sure he was going to stay in Seattle as he expressed it a few times and it looked as though they were going to re-sign as they made him a top priority, oh well, best of luck to him. :yesway:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Pray that's some time in the next two years, because all these FA signings of older guys make for a pretty small window.

I'm curious how all these big number signings look against their cap space.

Well, considering how things have worked since Elway's takeover, I don't think there is any interest in 3+ years from now. Or even 2. All about this next season.

I'm also interested in how much cap space is left. Time to do some research..

Edit: They still have $10M in cap space.

Staaaaaacking the Defense!

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Well, considering how things have worked since Elway's takeover, I don't think there is any interest in 3+ years from now. Or even 2. All about this next season.

I'm also interested in how much cap space is left. Time to do some research..

Edit: They still have $10M in cap space.

Staaaaaacking the Defense!
They haven't had to pay any of their young stars yet. They are still on rookie contracts....that will all change soon.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe Seattle is obviously thinking ahead too as next year will be Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman and Russell Wilson's time to get paid big.

But to express more on the Golden Tate move to Detroit, I just don't understand why he chose not to stay in Seattle even though he said he would. To choose between a team that just won a Superbowl and with the opportunity to go again rather than a losing team that will probably make the playoffs or not. :scratch: I guess it makes sense in regards to complimenting Calvin Johnson as opposed to being on a run-heavy style offense in Seattle. But Tate is also great in special teams and that is one of the reasons why Seattle made him a priority, he will catch a lot of balls and make plays for Detroit and it probably will be awesome. I just thought for sure that he'd stay. :shrug:

Obviously, the money had something to do with it too but if I was a player that just won a Superbowl with a team that drafted me, I'd stay with that team regardless of taking a pay cut which he agreed to do. I think the Detroit Lions organization impressed him enough and made the offer he couldn't refuse. Just baffled by the whole thing.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Revis signed by the Pats for 1-year/$12M.

Can't really get too excited about this, since they still have no receivers. Edelman is probably about to walk, Hernandez is gone on account of killing a bunch of people, and Gronkowski is probably going to die in the offseason in a tragic bros-icing-bros accident.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Revis signed by the Pats for 1-year/$12M.

Can't really get too excited about this, since they still have no receivers. Edelman is probably about to walk, Hernandez is gone on account of killing a bunch of people, and Gronkowski is probably going to die in the offseason in a tragic bros-icing-bros accident.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Decker to the Jets.....

There go his Super Bowl chances. :lol:

Latest posts

')