NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Pretty sure Jets fans were on suicide watch or preparing a rampage between the hours of Revis going to the Patriots, and Decker getting signed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
All I know, is that Football Season feels like it's 5 years away.

I cannot wait to see what Ware will have taught Von Miller. That's gonna be a QB's worst nightmare.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Revis signed by the Pats for 1-year/$12M.

Can't really get too excited about this, since they still have no receivers. Edelman is probably about to walk, Hernandez is gone on account of killing a bunch of people, and Gronkowski is probably going to die in the offseason in a tragic bros-icing-bros accident.
I think he'll do well in New England and I read that Brandon Browner could possibly land there and thought to myself that would be a great secondary.

I thought Decker going to the Jets was a little surprising and they also acquired Breno Giacomini from Seattle. But the more I think of it, the more it makes sense. I think the Jets can make the AFC East competitive, they had a great defense last year too.

Anyway, I like Steve Smith going to Baltimore as well. He's still great and wouldn't have minded the 'Hawks picking him up. But, they have other plans~

Sidney Rice, Seattle Seahawks headed for a reunion? - NFL.com

Would be cool if he came back as Rice and Harvin have never played together as 'Hawks. Hope it happens and shame on the loss of Tate. :noplease:

EDIT: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000334004/article/brandon-browner-new-england-patriots-strike-deal

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Decker to the Jets.....

There go his Super Bowl chances. :lol:

:lol: Exactly what I thought...but who knows....anything can happen in football. I'd be upset if the Detroit Lions win the Superbowl, then that'd mean that Golden Tate would get his second ring with another team. I'd rather much see Peyton Manning get one....shame that Decker won't be with him though. :agreed:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm still crossing my fingers that Elway has an interest in Jones-Drew. And equally important, that Drew would take less money than he wants in order to finally have a shot at a ring.

I truly believe he could look like he did in his prime, but with us! I mean... If Moreno got a 1,000 yard season, Drew could probably come close to doubling that.

I'd have a Drew jersey so fvckin' fast.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^ :lol: :lol:

Well played. But I must follow my own advice.... Trust in Elway.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Certainly not feeling bad about losing Decker now; Emmanuel Sanders to Denver. He's going to be a great fit.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score

protest

Reaction score
Eagles cut Desean Jackson, speculation is that it is due to gang affiliations

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
My father was happy that the Pats re-signed both Edelman and Wilfork but I was excited for them to pick up both Revis and Browner -that could be a scary secondary imo.....he's hoping it's Brady's year. :lol:

As for Desean Jackson, Philly should've kept him but instead they signed Sanchez (really strange how both teams traded QBs)....I thought maybe the Panthers would take him but right now, he's headed to Washington...

DeSean Jackson to visit Washington Redskins - NFL.com

Just found this out earlier....

[url=http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000338002/article/ryan-clark-reportedly-visits-seattle-seahawks]Ryan Clark reportedly visits Seattle Seahawks - NFL.com[/URL]

I wasn't expecting a player from the Steelers to visit the 'Hawks, interesting how they are adding depth to that secondary with the loss of Browner and Thurmond as they signed Phillip Adams from the Raiders who was a former Seahawk and of course Tharold Simon of last years draft coming into the mix after a season on injury...

Seahawks sign cornerback Phillip Adams

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Eagles cut Desean Jackson, speculation is that it is due to gang affiliations

I can't stand him either. He's the main reason I always root against the Eagles. (just like the cowgirls :lol:)

Stupid Bears spending $32,000,000 on Jarred Allen :noplease:.
I like him, he's been a great player, but he doesn't have nearly enough greatness left for that much cash.
So now you have like $100million in Cutler and Allen :lol:.
Bears ownership/management is on a third-grade level of reasoning.

100million could have drafted a bright future worth of players.
Then they let a great value like Mccown go for no good reason at all. Look at his winning vs Cutler's losing last year.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I can't stand him either. He's the main reason I always root against the Eagles. (just like the cowgirls :lol:)

Stupid Bears spending $32,000,000 on Jarred Allen :noplease:.
I like him, he's been a great player, but he doesn't have nearly enough greatness left for that much cash.
So now you have like $100million in Cutler and Allen :lol:.
Bears ownership/management is on a third-grade level of reasoning.

100million could have drafted a bright future worth of players.
Then they let a great value like Mccown go for no good reason at all. Look at his winning vs Cutler's losing last year.

I agree, especially with the letting go of McCown....I thought he played really well with Cutler out last season and I wouldn't have minded if Jared Allen signed a deal with Seattle but for that money is insane. He's a great player and would've fit in well with Seattle's scheme however it's obvious Seattle made a lower offer than that. What is even more insane is that the Oakland Raiders made the biggest offer. :eek:

Kinda cool that he chose to stay in the division and he really believes in Cutler, should make it interesting. :agreed:

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Ready for the Draft...

I'm very happy with the Broncos' Free Agency pickups. Ware, Talib, Ward and Sanders; all fantastic.

Losing Decker? No big deal, since we got Sanders.

Losing Moreno? I still maintain that Ball is the better RB.

But... we also lost Woodyard, Rodgers-Cromartie, Beadles, Bailey and Ayers. Everyone is freaking out about the loss of Woodyard and Cromartie; I'm actually most worried about the loss of Ayers.

')