NFL Football 2013-2014

• Thread starter tedtan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
:lol: After Denver wins tha bowl
atlas-no-time-fo-dat-super-bowl_large_zps9dcf8c07.jpg

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
^Only 1 half down.

But I am feeling nervous, obviously.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
Peyton Manning is cementing his legacy as one of the greatest regular season QB's and, the biggest duds in the playoffs, in history.:lol: AND I LOVE EVERY MINUTE OF IT!:fawk: The dude has a huge tendency to disappear in big games.:noplease:

He did it in College and he does it in the NFL.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm just going to laugh at this point.

Not taking away from how well Seattle's D played; but our O-Line choked at the worst possible time. The almost never collapsing pocket, was collapsed in a second, every snap.

Next season. Congrats, Seattle.

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
I'm just going to laugh at this point.

You will be better off looking at it like this.

Seattle has done this to a lot of O lines this season bro. As I said NO ONE stood a chance against Seattle this year....it was theirs to lose honestly. They are the most complete team in football that I have seen in many years. People can complain about all the shit they want....bottom line is the best team in football, by far, has just won the Superbowl.

I tried to tell all of the Denver fans that their offense would not bode well against Seattle...no one would listen. Denver has an offense a lot like the Saints...and while that is great against 95% of the NFL.....not so great against physical teams like seattle, Carolina, and SanFran.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
While I am happy that the 'Hawks are winning, I am a little upset that it's kinda lopsided. Don't get me wrong, I like that Seattle is winning but I just have too much respect for Manning and was hoping he'd play better. I wasn't expecting this at all. Wow.

That said, Go Hawks!

:D

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
This was the most piss poor performance I've ever seen in a super bowl, and my first was the early 80s redskins vs dolphins.
Just a total waste of my 2hrs (yes I stopped watching in the early 3rd ):lol:.

Goes to show how much more smash mouth the NFC is in general.
Honestly after seeing that I think S.F. would have done the same to Denver.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Well, to San Fran's credit, they did score 17 in Seattle. I believed that they were the team to beat. They were the 2012 NFC Champs. I still think if any team can beat Seattle, it's gotta be a team within their division. The NFC West is a tough division.

potatohead

Reaction score
Very happy over here. People are talking about Denver playing badly, and they did, but I don't think they realized what they were up against. I have watched every second of every game over the last several seasons and these guys are utterly incredible to watch. It's not good enough for them to make a tackle. They either HAMMER you doing it, or go for the ball doing it, or both. It's really impressive.

I am also glad for Harvin. Guy has been through a lot this season and came up huge when it mattered.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I didn't hear a single "Omaha".

Now I get it.

But seriously, WTF DENVER?

flexkill

Vodka & PentaTonic
Reaction score
This is why I wasn't upset the last time we(Saints) played Seattle. We put up the best game we could against them, better than the Broncos I might add, and it still wasn't nearly enough. They are just damn good.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Amazing game by the Seahawks - piss poor performance by the Broncos!

I was really looking forward to this one... and it turned out to be a dud.

IMHO, it really shows how important it is not to burn your salary cap on a couple of "stars". Case in point: Broncos spent $17M on Peyton Manning, wheras the Seahawks spent just $700K on Russell Wilson... that leaves a hell of a lot of cap space for both D, O-line and offensive playmakers...

As a Giants fan I know the story: the $22M cap space thrown Eli's way, could have been spent better elsewhere. Again: the biggest playmakers in the game become too valuable (vis-à-vis cap space) for the good of their respective teams.

I believe that the Seahawks' win will mark a paradigm shift in the NFL, where a quality depth chart will be regarded as being much more important than having THAT player on your team... either that or Goodell will introduce a minimum cap hit for starters at the various positions (i.e. a minimum $10M hit for a starting QB), to basically save the "stars" of the game from irrelevance.

Congrats to the Seahawks on a well deserved SB victory... now there's just 7 more months until kickoff ;-)

Cheers

Eske

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
so i have to vent here

i live in New England, home to the worst sports fans outside of the asshats who riot outside of soccer matches.

so the big deal has been how much NE fans feel Tom Brady is not respected has much as he should be. put this in combination with the fact Peyton got the MVP (lets face it, regular season numbers like that who else would you vote for?).

so now facebook is filled with NE fans who are convinced this settles the debate on who is better in the Brady/Manning competition. except....

Tom Brady is the biggest candy ass in the league. the guy gets sacked three times and his pass ratings drop like a led balloon. if the Pats made the super bowl they would've been steam rolled in an impressive display of butt-whooping that could only be supplied by the BEST DAMN DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE.

long story short, NE fans suck chodes, and this marks the end of the power house top QB pick like the poster above stated.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Amazing game by the Seahawks - piss poor performance by the Broncos!

I was really looking forward to this one... and it turned out to be a dud.

IMHO, it really shows how important it is not to burn your salary cap on a couple of "stars". Case in point: Broncos spent $17M on Peyton Manning, wheras the Seahawks spent just $700K on Russell Wilson... that leaves a hell of a lot of cap space for both D, O-line and offensive playmakers...

^^^ Please send memo to Bears front office :lol:.

And they even already have Mccown who manages a game much better than Cutler ever has or ever will IMO. Damn daBears :rant:

')