NG(s)D - ESP and "Ibanez" content

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
So we'll start small.

2011-08-22_16-55-54_842.jpg

I'm not even sure what to call this guitar right now. I picked it up from guitar_jon on here. This guitar started it's life out as a simple 7420. The neck was swapped out with a 7620 neck with a birdseye maple board from Elysian. Custom ridiculously bright paint job. D-sonic in the bridge...not sure what we're throwing in the neck position yet. This is our other guitarist's wet dream. Getting this will let me get my 1527 back from him (I've never even touched it once since I got it).

After talking with the almighty Max, I'm not sure what we're going to do about the bridge. If we want to upgrade, we're gonna have to do some filing regardless of whether we go with the Edge Pro 7 or OFR 7. I'm leaving that decision to Chuck. Once we put the finishing touches on her, this frankensteined Ibanez will be pretty awesome.

Now for the larger acquisition.....

2011-08-24_19-36-21_766.jpg

2011-08-24_19-35-34_509.jpg

2011-08-24_19-35-19_826.jpg

Yup.....I finally took the plunge and went for a full blown ESP. I trade my Laboga Mr. Hector Duo and some cash for it. I had always toyed around with the idea of picking up the LTD SC-607B, but I never pulled the trigger because of the rosewood fretboard (Yes, I hate them that much). I was also worried about the neck, and that proved to be a legitimate concern.

Folks...I have small freakin hands.

2011-08-24_19-55-51_654.jpg

This issue didn't crop up much when we only played six strings. Luckily, the first seven I picked up was the JPX-7, and the neck on that is super thin and comfortable for me.

The STEF B7 neck profile doesn't make it impossible for me to play, but I definitely notice a bit of tension in my wrist as I'm playing (I know part of that is the extended scale as well). Other than that, the guitar is nice. It's the first alder guitar I've played, so the decreased weight threw me off at first. It's also really weird to play on a TOM bridge after using trems for so long. They used to be the ONLY thing I could play, but it seems to foreign now.

All in all....I kinda knew this guitar wasn't going to be for me long before I had it, but I couldn't resist the urge to own one. It'll be a fun guitar to mess around with until my KxK or BRJ customs get done.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
DIBS ON THE GREEN RG!!!!!!!!!!! If you ever decide to sell it, its mine.
you should sell it. just sayin.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
I definitely just measured my hand :lol:

That ESP looks really slick, hope you start to dig it more :yesway:

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
:( My hand is only an inch bigger than yours.

and I'm 6'2". Baw I got the baby hands.

But yea that steph is hott

Reaction score
That ESP is rad.

My hand is about 7" 1/4 and I love big necks. We need a hand measuring thread.

exordium

Reaction score
Don't mean to creep you out or anything, but our hands seem to be exactly the same size. :lol:

Seriously, though, great guitar acquisition day! That ESP looks amazing, definitely looks like a serious step up from the LTD 607B. :metal:

myampslouder

Reaction score
After talking with the almighty Max, I'm not sure what we're going to do about the bridge. If we want to upgrade, we're gonna have to do some filing regardless of whether we go with the Edge Pro 7 or OFR 7. I'm leaving that decision to Chuck. Once we put the finishing touches on her, this frankensteined Ibanez will be pretty awesome.

I just put an edge Lo Pro7 in my S7420 and it should have the same trem rout as your RG7420. I didn't have to file or anything it dropped right in.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, my hands are the same size as yours and I play 8 strings, oh, and a little thing called a Santucci TrebleBass (10 strings) I just picked up on the bay.

Congrats on the axes!

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I just put an edge Lo Pro7 in my S7420 and it should have the same trem rout as your RG7420. I didn't have to file or anything it dropped right in.

Interesting. I guess we'll give it a shot. Minimal filing wouldn't be a huge deal anyways. I love using my Dremel.

Dude, my hands are the same size as yours and I play 8 strings, oh, and a little thing called a Santucci TrebleBass (10 strings) I just picked up on the bay.

Congrats on the axes!

Totally never heard of the Santucci until now. Very weird. The pickup layout is ridiculous.

Reaction score
I seriously just said "WHAT THE FUCKKKK?!?!?!" picked my mouse up and slammed it down.... I need a good 7....

Congrats man.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I seriously just said "WHAT THE FUCKKKK?!?!?!" picked my mouse up and slammed it down.... I need a good 7....

Congrats man.

LOL. No wonder you can't afford a nice guitar. You break a computer mouse every time someone else gets one. :lol: That's gotta get expensive if you lurk on this forum.

')