NGD: 2006 ESP Eclipse NOS (56K: Gor for it)

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I thought about getting an LTD but made a conscious decision to get a 6er that satisfied me so I wouldn't be able to ask myself any of those "I wonder if the standard series is better?" questions.

Needless to say I am very happy with my decision, and picked one of these up for about a grand... not "blow-out" pricing mentioned above but about $2,500.00 cheaper than buying a new one locally...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I thought about getting an LTD but made a conscious decision to get a 6er that satisfied me so I wouldn't be able to ask myself any of those "I wonder if the standard series is better?" questions.

Needless to say I am very happy with my decision, and picked one of these up for about a grand... not "blow-out" pricing mentioned above but about $2,500.00 cheaper than buying a new one locally...

I just bought one of these, but the LTD version in matte black. I absolutely love it. In my honest opinion after owning ESP standard series guitars, I feel like this particular model is identical or at worst within 2-3% of the MIJ version. The specs are identical. I'm guessing the MIJ version might have better wood selection but I don't know.

You got a great deal on this, a better value than the $869.99 I paid, but I just wanted to chime in to let people know who may be on the fence trying to decide if the ESP version was worth $600 more, that IMO the answer is no.

I really love it. Plays great, feels smooth, looks cool. The EMG 60 in the neck is sweet. I'm bored with the EMG 81 but I roll with BKP nowadays anyways so it'll be removed.

I love yours too though, really classy.

02.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Hey Zim, if you're pulling that EMG-60 and don't want it for any other guitars, let me know...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Zim, if you're pulling that EMG-60 and don't want it for any other guitars, let me know...

Sure, I will definitely be selling it eventually but for now I'm going to roll with the stock pickups until I get more BKPs in.

sPliNtEr_777

Reaction score
I got that exact same ESP in the same colour as Zimbloth's only I got the Eclipse like u. Great choice! Trust me, u'll never want rid of it, mines 4 years old now and it still sounds new, in fact, it sounds better than new! Rock on!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I've wanted one of the Vintage Black or sunburst Eclipses forever now.. they are awesome guitars, I really love em, just haven't gotten around to buying one. Sweet sweet score man!

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
:yum: ESP make some of the tastiest looking production guitars at the moment, and ive always loved the Eclipse model (especially in the black and gold)

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
I am actually thinking about buying another one like Zim's in black and gold and keep it in a different tuning with different pickups. Stupid I know but I am insanely in love with the sunburst I own...

Nightcrawler

thrashin`til`death
Reaction score
Hell yeah man! Beautiful axe, and I`m just saying that because I own one too. It has the most comfortable neck and the sculpted body is sexyyy. I've been thinking about swapping out my pickups as well, but havent made up any decision quite yet, wouldnt mind going the passive route. Let us know if you do anything! Great buy! As far as string go, I use D'addario XL's 13-56 for Bstandard, ist krieg.

')