NGD: 2008 Gibson "Inspired by Slash" Les Paul VOS

• Thread starter 101stCentury
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!

Not quite NGD (had her for a few months), but I finally snagged one of these beauties. Limited release of 300 back in 2008 - it's been a dream of mine to own one ever since. Only a couple pictures, but check her out in action in the linked video!

IMG_20180108_112219~2.jpg

IMG_20180108_112225.jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is a really freaking cool guitar. I'm not really a Slash fan, but these plain tops are stunners.

Congrats!

How is there not more talking about this filthy axe.

357 views, is everyone scared to comment on a tun-o-matic guitar...

Given the average SSO poster's opinion on Gibson, I'd say they're not commenting out of respect.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
Maybe it's because i'm so used to seeing crazy figured tops, but man, I never knew I had such a thing for plain tops until I saw this guitar. HNGD, bud. :D

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
This is a really freaking cool guitar. I'm not really a Slash fan, but these plain tops are stunners.

Congrats!

Given the average SSO poster's opinion on Gibson, I'd say they're not commenting out of respect.

Something to consider is that for those of us in our 20s whom there are quite a few on this board (and I'm heavily guilty for this), none of the guitar heroes we really grew up with played Gibson and/or Les Pauls. Especially anyone who grew up with shred, most think Vai, Satch and Gilbert (all Ibanez artists). Gibsons just don't have the 'mojo' that they used to with the younger audiences now.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Something to consider is that for those of us in our 20s whom there are quite a few on this board (and I'm heavily guilty for this), none of the guitar heroes we really grew up with played Gibson and/or Les Pauls. Especially anyone who grew up with shred, most think Vai, Satch and Gilbert (all Ibanez artists). Gibsons just don't have the 'mojo' that they used to with the younger audiences now.

Hey, let's not do this in the dude's NGD. :yesway:

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
That's a gorgeous Les Paul mate and no pickguard/holes for the win as well. The AFD guitar of Slash's had such an iconic look (Even tho ironically it was a Gibson copy). Happy NGD

Shoeless_jose

Reaction score
Apologies!

Back on topic, happy NGD! I remember when I finally got to own one of 'those' guitars, the ones that are on your own personal bucket list, how good it felt!

Agreed. I have a lowly Gibson Les Paul Classic but still blows my mind that its mine everytime i play it

secretpizza

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar man. I started getting seriously interested in guitar when I started listening to Bill Kelliher’s guitar work on the early Mastodon stuff, so although I mostly play shredders now, a good LP has a special place in my heart. That thing looks killer, HNGD!

Reaction score
Has it had a re-fret?

Not that I'm aware of haha. Why do you ask?

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm 23, and the guitarists I latched onto early on were either playing EBMMs or exotics like Blackmachines. I have two weaknesses: (black) strats cause of David Gilmour and LPs cause of Slash. :D

Regardless of tastes on this board, sharing with all of you fellow guitar-lovers is always a treat!

Latest posts

')