NGD! - 2013 Blackmachine B6

JamesMT

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first official NGD on ss.org!

I received my brand new Blackmachine B6 just over a week ago and finally got down to taking some decent pics.

IMG_2671.jpg

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2661.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

Don't think there is much I can say about Blackmachine Guitars that hasn't been said already. This guitar is absolutely awesome, in every single way. It's light, looks stunning, plays incredibly well and most of all sounds ridiculous. It's a real surreal feeling having such a lightweight guitar sound so huge. It purrs, and it does so with outstanding clarity.

The sustain is just awesome. Every note just sings, and keeps ringing until you tell it to stop! There is absolutely no trouble getting to those high notes, the cutaways are just right. The action is also just perfect (even after shipping).

Specs:

Two piece swamp ash body
Three piece maple neck with dyed maple strips in between
Rosewood board, matching headstock cap and truss rod cover
Dunlop 6100 fret wire
Bareknuckle Nailbomb Chrome covered calibrated set (alnico in the bridge)
Hipshot bridge
Tone and volume knob, three way selector switch
Spertzel locking tuners
Dunlop strap-locks (two at the bottom, one on the horn)
Hiscox hardcase

Will try and get a sound-clip/video up soon!

P.S. - Yes, the low string is tuned the other way round, just me being stupid and looking at my tuner instead of the head stock whilst tuning. Noticed it through the lens as I was taking the pic! (it's not like that anymore ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalBuddah

0000 00 0 0 00 000
Reaction score
What a great way to make your first NGD! Blackmachines always impress me so much. I hope I can get my hands on one some day.

Happy NGD :D

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Your first NGD here and I dislike you already... you're not going to make many friends here if you keep showing up with amazing guitars like this :lol:.

Kidding... that's just the jealousy talking. I bet it plays as awesome as it looks! HNGD!

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
the way that 6th string comes really close to the 5th string on the headstock is something I really wouldn't have expected on a guitar made by the most hyped guitar brand of the forums. I just saw the string was wound the other way around, wtf ??

Otherwise, looks neat. very simplistic but if that's your thing, HNGD !

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
^ If you look closely thats because he wound the last string the opposite way for some reason. Nice guitar. Its cool to see all these B6's rolling out. I'm curious about how much they go for ( even though I know your not suppose to ask that because each one varies)

Edit: ninja'd

edit:

whats the black spot on the horn (left)

IMG_2675.jpg

HRC51

Reaction score
Looks amazing. The unfinished ash may be plain to some, but it looks great to me.

These really are special guitars. Enjoy.

Heroin

I am wombat
Reaction score
I've always loved the trademark natural look of blackmachines, something about it makes the guitars seem so pure.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
the way that 6th string comes really close to the 5th string on the headstock is something I really wouldn't have expected on a guitar made by the most hyped guitar brand of the forums. I just saw the string was wound the other way around, wtf ??

If you look on the blackmachine Facebook page, it was wound correctly before it shipped.

reidartuv

Reaction score
Sick looking guitar! Now we're officially BLACKMACHINE BROTHERS!! :lol:

JamesMT

Reaction score

Yep, my bad. Was looking at the tuner whilst tuning in a hurry and didn't notice, noticed through the lens whilst taking the pic!

If you look on the blackmachine Facebook page, it was wound correctly before it shipped.

Yep.

^ If you look closely thats because he wound the last string the opposite way for some reason. Nice guitar. Its cool to see all these B6's rolling out. I'm curious about how much they go for ( even though I know your not suppose to ask that because each one varies)

Edit: ninja'd

edit:

whats the black spot on the horn (left)

IMG_2675.jpg

Just a feature in the ash.

How do you like the dual strap buttons?

Haven't played with a strap yet, but so far it's been really convenient when standing it upright. No need to worry about dings so much.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
whats up with the neck joint?

Never seen a bolt-on done like that before... Looks kinda crude (don't hate me SSO)

')