NGD: 2014 Schecter Blackjack C-8

• Thread starter Bome
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bome

Reaction score
Hey all, got my new guitar on Friday. Finally able to post some pictures.

This things a beast, and compliments my C-7 perfectly well!

bj4.png

bj1.png

bj2.png

bj5.png

bj3.png

bj6.png

bj7.png

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
That looks really nice! The red binding/pinstriping/whatever it is looks fantastic, and that heel carve is a thing of beauty.

I think sometimes the Schecter stuff gets a bit of a bad rap around here, but aside from the scale length of mine (an older 26.5" model C8 Hellraiser Special), it absolutely rips.

HNGD man - go play your heart out on that thing!

Bome

Reaction score
I just noticed that most of the images are loading on my browsers. To anyone interested in this guitar, you can see more images here.

Attachments

• bj1.jpg
    bj1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 109
  • bj2.jpg
    bj2.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 75
  • bj3.jpg
    bj3.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 77
  • bj4.jpg
    bj4.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 73
  • bj5.jpg
    bj5.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 66

House74

Perfect Djentleman
Reaction score
Nice man! I picked up one of their Damien Platinum 8's a little while back, glad they made the change to 28" scale. So much better tone wise than my 26.5" Damien elite 8. Enjoy and HNGD!!!!

Bome

Reaction score
It's actually the image hosts fault.

But anyways, there were a couple flaws with the guitar. The pin-striping near the top of the fretboard on the high string side doesn't come through as well as it does everywhere else. It's not bad enough for me to send back though.

Also, as you can see in the pictures, near the 12th fret the board was a bit dry. Nothing that a good polish didn't fix though.

That being said, the guitar is quite nice and playable. The neck is slightly thinner and the guitar is lighter than my C-7. The fact that the entire guitar is mahogany really exemplifies the low end. It might be an issue for some depending on your music preferences, but it works well for what I want to do with it.

Overall, it's a solid guitar, well built, and came properly set-up. It's a great option if your looking for a guitar in that price range, and especially if your a fan of Schecter.

')