NGD #3: PRS Cu24 Wood Library Blue Fade

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
WAY too much. IIRC they were charging $1k for a normal refinish, I don't even want to think about what a fade would cost. You'd probably do better checking with some of the finishers out there that are former PRS employees :2c:
Hmm good point. I'd be waiting until summer at least anyway. Maybe I'll look into Marty Bell :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you everyone.

best aquaburst in the market!

Fade > burst :agreed:

Hmm good point. I'd be waiting until summer at least anyway. Maybe I'll look into Marty Bell :yesway:

From what I've seen and the people I've talked to that have used him Marty does great work.

Killer guitar but the case rocks too :hbang:

Yeah I really like the Paisley cases... would love to see them offer cases in the black paisley they've started offering on some of the amps

IMG_9440.JPG

That's awesome! I really like the color in the middle/between the pickups

The fade on this really is awesome, the pics don't do it justice as the top has a lot of 3d movement in the figure depending on the angle.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice man - never been a huge fan of this style of finish, but this one I could get into. :)

ceiling_fan

Reaction score
Does the back of the neck get gradually darker as it gets closer to the body or is that the lighting in the picture? Awesome guitar!

phrygian12

Reaction score
HAPPY NGD!

Wasn't there another PRS with a fade top like this one? anyone have a link to it? I kinda wanna have it replicated in a future order.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice man - never been a huge fan of this style of finish, but this one I could get into. :)

Different strokes, I'm finding I prefer the fades to most traditional bursts :2c:

Another stunner! Blue fade is one of my favorite finishes!

Me too, I really like fades in general but blue probably my favorite

Does the back of the neck get gradually darker as it gets closer to the body or is that the lighting in the picture? Awesome guitar!

It's just the angles and lighting, the color of the neck is consistent in person

HAPPY NGD!

Wasn't there another PRS with a fade top like this one? anyone have a link to it? I kinda wanna have it replicated in a future order.

There are a ton of blue fades out there. If you're talking about ones posted on here there's HighGain510's amazing 408 and asmegin_slayer's SC58 that I recall.

')