NGD: 3x Ormsby's. Copper Top Hype GTR, Demanufacture Sig, Evertune Hype GTI

7StringKrishnaCore

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So I got these in, I'm so happy with them all. They all play amazingly. The action is so low, yet there's no fret buzz or anything, no matter how hard I am picking and such.

ngd-3x-ormsbys-v0-1wwdpiczftcd1.png

The Copper Top is their recent Copper Top run, it's got a set Wenge Neck, a Pale Moon Ebony Fretboard, Swamp Ash body, has the "normal" Ormsby multiscale, 25.5-27.8". The pups are their Blizzard/Concordia set, which they say is based on Randy Rhodes tone on the Tribute live album, but made to be a bit more modern, and I agree fully. I have a Goliath with their Hot Rock and De La Creme pups, and those can do metal amazingly well, but these are definitely their go to metal pickups for anyone wanting Metal most of all honestly. D Shape for the neck.

ngd-3x-ormsbys-v0-9ds81shzftcd1.jpg
The Demanufacture is amazing, I can't wait to get a blood camo or other one of the Dino Signatures, his ones with the multiscale seem sick, I have come to like Ormsby's more extreme fanfret over the fanfrets you get with most, and I know Dino's is less, but I still like any multiscale, although I'm gladly surprised that the more extreme fan of Ormsby is something that I turned out not only liking, but preferring. The Machete pickup is insane. Instant Industrial tone with that pup. It's 26.5", bolt on Laminated Rock Maple with Padouk center, Mahogany body, and the 18mm "Consistent D" shape for the neck.

ngd-3x-ormsbys-v0-c1hp1ztzftcd1.jpg

The Hype GTI is also just great, it's made in Indonesia vs Korea, but still WMI and checked at Perth, Aussie as well. It's got an Alder Body, Set Maple Neck, Ebony Fretboard, the Evertune obviously. It also has their Blizzard and Concordia pickup combo, which is now my favourite(I had the set in my Headless Metal V 7 before only, but that's tuned so low I couldn't tell how much was the extremely low tuning vs how much was the pups). The fan fret is less extreme, 25.5-26.2". D shape for the neck.

I can't recommend any of them enough, the Copper Top is my favourite to play overall right now, but the Evertune for only about 1k USD(with the sale, it came out to less than 1k!) is insane, I was looking at getting a Solar or PRS Mark Halcomb with Evertune, both would have cost me about 500-600 more, and this is a better guitar IMO.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Those all look sweet. I love my HypeGTR; been kickin' around for 6 years now and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.
How do you like the half fan on the GTI? Seems like it'd be a bit strange having your parallel fret all the way down by the bridge. Any trouble with high note runs?

7StringKrishnaCore

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Those all look sweet. I love my HypeGTR; been kickin' around for 6 years now and I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.
How do you like the half fan on the GTI? Seems like it'd be a bit strange having your parallel fret all the way down by the bridge. Any trouble with high note runs?
The Half-fan takes a bit of getting used to, but it's honestly enjoyable as well. Just took me about 10-15 minutes or so to get used to it, and I was playing fine. I can switch back and forth fine as well. Don't think it'll be an issue, even if I set it away for a bit, which I doubt I will, the evertune is going to keep me on it so much.

I haven't done a TON of high-note runs yet, but I have been able to play a few higher note riffs and some solos just fine.

Yea, the Hype GTR is amazing. I want to get a custom shop Hypemachine when I can. I am planning on getting one of every model from Ormsby, that's how much they impressed me. I was looking at SO many guitars to get around Christmas/New Years, and Ormsby impressed me so much with the Goliath I had to try it, and it's my favourite(I've since gotten two Strandbergs, and I prefer the Goliath overall, I do love the Strandberg neck though) guitar honestly. I never spent over 1k on a guitar, until the Goliath(MSRP, I have spent over with upgrades, and even taxes with one of my Orville's), I'm so impressed by them I keep going back. I don't want to be a shill, but they have treated me amazingly, and each guitar has been just so amazing, IDK how I couldn't keep coming back.

')