NGD: 6 years in the making...

• Thread starter willith
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

willith

Banned
Reaction score
What? Is your case a custom fit? The one I bought from "Sir. Sell-a-lot" had a universal one. The JP7 is an amazing guitar though! Congratulations! :metal:

Yeah, it's a custom fit. The thing I like about it the most is that it's designed specifically so that you can leave the whammy bar on the guitar while it's in the case- instead of it being a pain in the ass you have to remove everytime you put it away.
It's got a lot of space in there too to store things (straps etc.) Much more than my V case does- and it's about half the size.

The only complaint I have about the guitar so far is that it's made me listen to a lot more Dream Theater :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Heeboja

Crazy Finn that is
Reaction score
Hehe. That's frikin nice guitar! I'd love one but too costy for me. I'll have to import one from states if gona get one.

I bet your checking through every DT song wich uses 7th string to practice? That's what I'd do. I already have a list of what DT songs to learn.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I love the JP7s, but pretty cost prohibitive down where I live:(

Blind Faith

Reaction score
The only complaint I have about the guitar so far is that it's made me listen to a lot more Dream Theater :lol:

And thats a bad thing :lol:

A JP was my first seven as well, i love it. I am considering getting a BFR 7 aswell.

The inlays are awesome. Also you get use to the back of the guitar after a while.

Nice purchase :yesway:

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
you can talk shit about the amp all you want, lol, im not saying i spent 6 years saving for it lmfao. those still looked like worthless dots to me hahaha.

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
Holy raptor Jesus that's a sweet axe! :shred:

Bleak

Reaction score
:eek: Man that's a huge gut-cut, that must have been designed back when unfit Petrucci ruled the world, now they'll have to change it to a dual-manboob-cut for Petruccihulk. :lol:

Ever notice how close together the first BFR prototypes and Petrucci's bulk-up were?
I'm convinced EBMM made it for his muscular mantits.

With that being said, BFR's are, in fact, tits. Really, really nice tits.

willith

Banned
Reaction score
you can talk shit about the amp all you want, lol, im not saying i spent 6 years saving for it lmfao. those still looked like worthless dots to me hahaha.

I guess I should specify...I didn't save up money for six years to get this. As I said in the OP, I havn't "boughten a new guitar in over six years." This was just extra money borrowed for school (*I'll owe so much when I'm done- another 2-5k, or even 10k is pretty miniscule when compared overall- I won't be able to afford it after graduation, so I might as well get it while I can). I sold two guitars over the summer to help fund a new rig & guitar(s).

I'm not really diggin those pictures I put up either....still havn't gotten new batteries for the camera though. Yes, lazy.:agreed:

willith

Banned
Reaction score
well, I guess since it got bumped- I've got some better pics:

DSCN0742.jpg

DSCN0756.jpg

Not as bad now maybe?
DSCN0758.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0767.jpg

noodleplugerine

Reaction score
DSCN0767.jpg

now the inlays are starting to look like little hearts, lolol

Horses for courses man, but I think bigger inlays is shit, my fave guitars don't have any inlays. One of the reasons I went for my Horizon is because all the inlays are to one side, and thus when soloing you're playing almost completely against wood, rather than against the inlay.

Either way, as far as inlays go, I've allways thought the JP7 inlays, particularly the one on the first fret were really fucking cool.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Horses for courses man, but I think bigger inlays is shit, my fave guitars don't have any inlays. One of the reasons I went for my Horizon is because all the inlays are to one side, and thus when soloing you're playing almost completely against wood, rather than against the inlay.

Either way, as far as inlays go, I've allways thought the JP7 inlays, particularly the one on the first fret were really fucking cool.

With jumbo frets you never touch wood or inlay.

PlagueX1

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, that guitar is amazing looking.

What kind of pickups does it have on it?

Latest posts

')