NGD : 8 string baritone Telecaster

• Thread starter wookie606
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
Yeah, however if it has 4-wire pickups you could have a push/pull pot installed on the volume to split the pickups into single-coil. It is not the same as a true single-coil, however I like it on the guitars I have it on, and it might give you more options. Or you might find it unnecessary.

Cool! I thought an 8-string T-style would be pretty cool. Before this I did not know for sure any actually existed. Glad you love it!

-Cheers
I have only started using neck pickups... baby steps haha!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Damn that is sexy! So sexy, but where do you put your D--* in it??

Yousef

Reaction score
Gotta say, when I read "Telecaster" with "8 string baritone" I thought I was in for something horrid, but surprisingly, it looks pretty damn metal as ..... Goodness gracious, you've got a beautiful axe my friend.

wookie606

Telecaster Fetish
Reaction score
Just thought I should I add my opinion now the honeymoon period is over with this beauty.

Neck
  • The neck is super comfy, even with my baby like fingers, 28" scale is a breeze with this guitar
  • The upper fret access is great, I don't tend to drift super high on the fretboard, but this guitar makes me want to :p
  • The frets are all level and the ends are pretty good

Body
  • The finish is stunning, darker than I expected but actually better than my idea IMO
  • This body sits comfortable on my knee when sitting and is weighted surprisingly well with no neckdive

Sounds
  • I am very happy with the BKP Aftermaths, they are very percussive and very clear.
  • My only issue with this guitar is that the pickup switch is wired the wrong way (neck position selects bridge and so on). I will fix that myself when I can be bothered :p

All in all, I am extremely happy with this guitar. Looks, feels and sounds great.

P.S.

Made a crappy sound demo with this. Pretty much just the lower strings, will make something much higher quality when I have time :)

https://soundcloud.com/wookie606/new-8-string-idea

Last edited:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That looks really nice! How's the strap balance?

')