NGD 80's style!!!!

• Thread starter XBIGJIMX
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
Well it's a NGD cause it is done! This is a new reissue B.C. Rich Gunslinger. I picked this up new fora song do to a finish crack by the volume knob. But with a new paint job and a upgraded brass floyd block we have this. (Check out the build shots in the build section)
It started as this

After a little paint and love

Updated logo

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

downburst82

Reaction score
what did you paint the hardware with? floyd looks ok but it doesnt seem to be holding up very well on the tuners.

Overall a pretty cool refinish project!!

Serenity

Reaction score
Nice. Great paint job, I've been tempted to pick one of these up. I love single pickup guitars and i've narrowed my choice to either a Gunslinger or G&L Rampage.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Cool beans! Glad to see it's done.

And it's interesting to see that little piece of wood on the bass side of the neck at the pocket there. A few years ago when BRJ came out with his bolt on series he did that and people thought it looked weird. So it looks like that was actually a Senior design that he used.

1longhorn

Reaction score
Great job XBIGJIMX! I too am a fan of the Gunslinger Retro. With a pickup swap to taste, they're awesome. What you've done is admirable. I dig it. I've got one now with a Duncan Distortion. I've been pondering other mods...thinking a Titan or Painkiller, pot, tuners and trem. Again, nice effort!

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
Great job XBIGJIMX! I too am a fan of the Gunslinger Retro. With a pickup swap to taste, they're awesome. What you've done is admirable. I dig it. I've got one now with a Duncan Distortion. I've been pondering other mods...thinking a Titan or Painkiller, pot, tuners and trem. Again, nice effort!
The pick up switch will be next, or I might give a shot at winding one. I did direct mount this to the body

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
what did you paint the hardware with? floyd looks ok but it doesnt seem to be holding up very well on the tuners.

Overall a pretty cool refinish project!!

I used car enamel, I am getting some flaking , it was an experiment but i did learn a few things . you have to scruff up the surface a whole bunch more, almost media blast to get it to stick. Next time I will get it :)

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Paint is not going to stay on tuners and a trem no matter how you prep. Not to mention it's way too thick to have the trem work properly. You should have just left the hardware black. That stuff is going to look way worse than the minor finish crack you started out with.

max3000

Reaction score
that repaint is great! you should definitely do the pickup too!!!

XBIGJIMX

Reaction score
Paint is not going to stay on tuners and a trem no matter how you prep. Not to mention it's way too thick to have the trem work properly. You should have just left the hardware black. That stuff is going to look way worse than the minor finish crack you started out with.
You never know it's always worth a shot you never know you might crack the code. :) I have always had outlook of If i am not breaking something/ doing something wrong I am not learning:metal:

shadowlife

Contributor
Reaction score
I love the Keith Haring finish, not a fan of the painted hardware, but i give you credit for trying it and doing what you wanted.

I'd probably throw a colored pickup in there as well.
Great job!

')