NGD: '93 Ibanez RG550 - Holy Yellow, Batman!

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Here it is, in all its yellow glory...all I can say is that it's superb, playability is unreal on this shred monster. Wood quality is also very high, really nice piece of quarter sawn maple, and the basswood body resonates like a mofo.

Currently installed are a Dimarzio Super Distortion in the bridge and Evolution in the neck, I don't dislike them but gonna replace them very soon with some pink BKPs, just to start my next mission: creating the RG777DY! already found knobs, switch tip and middle pickup cover, stoked to see the result!:cool:

_MG_1559.jpg

_MG_1545.jpg

_MG_1566.jpg

_MG_1557.jpg

_MG_1565.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

squid-boy

Reaction score
I have an 1990 RG550 in Black with bright green Evo II's. Back from my Steve Vai fanboy phase. And by fanboy, I mean, I wanted to have his children.

Even though I'm trying to sell it (it needs more stories to tell), I still love the damn thing. Enjoy, bro!

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
Ah, takes me back. Had a PAF Pro in the neck and a Megadrive in the bridge way back when I had my 550 in white.

Nice score :)

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Much GAS.

I have had a massive thing for old RGs ever since trying out a battered old 1992 RG570. It was in some horrible purple colour and had chunks out of the paint wherever you looked, but it played like a dream. It also had THE thinnest neck I have ever played, it made the one on my RG350 feel obese. :D

Nice score, I lust after an old Desert Yellow 550.

xeL

Reaction score
That looks absolutely pristine for it being 18 years old, awesome catch.

Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAAA?!?!

That's like dead fucking mint! You're one lucky dude! RG550DY's are my dream guitar, I'd kill for one!

Congrats dude!

If you ever want to sell it, contact me!

Grolli

Reaction score
Got to love the look of those yellow 550's :D Wouldn't want one for myself, but nevertheless I always get happy whenever I see one :D

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
WHAAAAAAAAA?!?!

That's like dead fucking mint! You're one lucky dude! RG550DY's are my dream guitar, I'd kill for one!

Congrats dude!

If you ever want to sell it, contact me!

Yes it's in extremely good conditions being that old, it also sounds better than my RG565!
Selling it? Not happening...at least not soon ;)

')