NGD: A 2228 Like No Other

• Thread starter Noisy Humbucker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Been on here for a few years and figured the first NGD I post better be something halfway decent so...

Picked up an RG2228M up from Sweetwater last year and pretty quickly decided I didn't want to part ways with it. The plain jane white finish left me wanting, so I decided to take the leap and do something drastic about it. I deliberated for a while on what I wanted, eventually my luthier explained that when he does poly-based finishes he pretty much always goes to an auto paint shop for the goods. I finally settled upon 1969 Plymouth "Seafoam Turquoise Metallic" and at the last minute to have the edges rounded a bit to show of the new finish better. The pics (crappy though they may be) do a decent job of capturing the finish, though depending on lighting and whatnot it can appear totally blue or totally green. Blah blah blah PICS:

Turned out pretty damned good if I say so myself.

EDIT:
Specs-
•EMG 81-8X & 60-8X
•Gotoh "Magnum Lock" Tuners (old top-lock style)
•Schaller strap locks
•Tuned EBEADGBE, 9-54 w/74

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Congratulations man! I'm always stoked to see people taking factory guitars and making them their own, lets the personality through! :) Looks great dude.

jemfloral

Reaction score
Nice paint job, she's a beaut. Next up: turning the dots the same color, right? ;) Sort of a new age RG565...

neurosis

Reaction score
This epic. I have the same but it´s still plain white, which I love... maybe a little less after seeing yours :flame::agreed:

If that neck is anything like the one on mine... you just have a great thing going here.

Mehnike

SS.org Peruser
Reaction score
That round over makes it! Great color too. Looks like your local luthier does excellent work.

Schectersilence

Reaction score
That looks absolutely awesome! I love the idea of doing this but always feel it'd cost too much to justify compared to getting a new guitar or something.

Looks phenomenal though man!

Latest posts

')