NGD: A 2228 Like No Other

• Thread starter Noisy Humbucker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
and extra points for matching the headstock , cheerrrs dude ! looks amazing !

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Where is everyone finding these sick lutheirs, though? The last time I took my guitar to the shop, I asked them to crown my frets... They call me back and say, "We think it just needs a setup."

Explain to me how adjusting my truss rod, action and bridge radius is going to fix the fact that my frets are completely flat on top...?

And here it is your luthier turned a sweet guitar into an even sweeter one...

pkgitar

Reaction score
Damn that's nice! I would definitely want to pick that up more than if it was black or white.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I really like the rounded edges combined with the paint, that was a great call! Looks like a totally different guitar (in a good way, IMHO!), nicely done! :metal:

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Great color combo, I'm really wishing there were more maple boarded ERGs.

7JxN7

Reaction score
I think I'm the first one to say it, but I would not have done the rounded edge. For me it gives the RG shape its more modern, slick appeal.

Buuuuuuut........

Man this turned out great! the whole guitar comes together with a real retro sort of under tone now, and I'll admit the rounded corners do work really well with the colour combo. Sort of reminds me of an older Carvin on steroids. Congrats dude!

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I think I'm the first one to say it, but I would not have done the rounded edge. For me it gives the RG shape its more modern, slick appeal.

Buuuuuuut........

Man this turned out great! the whole guitar comes together with a real retro sort of under tone now, and I'll admit the rounded corners do work really well with the colour combo. Sort of reminds me of an older Carvin on steroids. Congrats dude!

Yeah, doubted the choice at first but it quickly grew on me. Kind of pushes it over the edge (no pun intended).

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
DUDE!!! That looks so fantastic, the finish is super unique! It makes me want to go classic with my Agile, haha.

Buffnuggler

Reaction score
I love your color choices. It reminds me a bit of the Jackson b7 one of the dudes in Northlane has been playing, a stock model with a Seafoam green refinish. Looks equally as awesome as this!

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
Super awesome color! I'm never a fan of rounded off edges. Kinda makes it look less aggressive. Still a great mod!

I agree about it appearing less aggressive, though not as much as you'd think in person. Kind of fits with the vintage muscle car aesthetic I was aiming for.

Latest posts

')