NGD: Acacia Custom Guitars Hades 6- Black Friday Run

• Thread starter NoahFett
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
There's absolutely no way during the construction process that these flaws could not be noticed by the builder. Between this and two other recent Acacia builds (multi 7 and race car red 8, of which there are more flaws than pointed out already) it gives a clear indication of the standard they are willing to work to.
Like I've said in other threads, you wouldn't/don't see these kind of flaws on a 10 series LTD which is less than $300 so there's absolutely no excuse for something as major as an absolutely poorly fitting neck.
Please excuse me kicking up such a stink in your thread, Noah. My advice would be get a full refund and use that money on something you know will be custom and bare the quality that should come with such a thing.

Here's a ripper that wasn't pointed out. Look at the left side of the neck pocket.
kKRRdCr.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicktao

Reaction score
There's absolutely no way during the construction process that these flaws could not be noticed by the builder. Between this and two other recent Acacia builds (multi 7 and race car red 8, of which there are more flaws than pointed out already) it gives a clear indication of the standard they are willing to work to.
Like I've said in other threads, you wouldn't/don't see these kind of flaws on a 10 series LTD which is less than $300 so there's absolutely no excuse for something as major as an absolutely poorly fitting neck.
Please excuse me kicking up such a stink in your thread, Noah. My advice would be get a full refund and use that money on something you know will be custom and bare the quality that should come with such a thing.

Here's a ripper that wasn't pointed out. Look at the left side of the neck pocket.
What am I looking for? I don't see anything.

Demiurge

Reaction score
^Looks like it has the same shallow "scoop" out of the side of the pocket as the one in the OP. Defect in the template, maybe?

geofreesun

Reaction score
My acacia hades doesn't have the neck pocket issue though. Is it a Romulus template thing?

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
I thought it was just a shadow?

Not to be rude but your response highlights a part of the problem - customers who don't know what to look for in a well finished guitar, which means builds like this from all kinds of builders probably go out unnoticed. I don't doubt that Acacia can make great guitars but to put out several with such glaring faults that DO impact upon the tonal qualities of the guitar is unacceptable.
This issue also appears to be present in their basses.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I actually sent my Cronus 7 back to them for a re-fret or possibly a whole new neck. Mine didn't even have properly seated frets and there was superglue all over the fretboard from trying to glue them in. At least my neck pocket was tighter than these, though.

I know they've had some staff changes so hopefully mine will come back better than I originally got it, but stuff like this has me somewhat skeptical.

It's really weird because the body shapes, neck carves, and fret finishing are all top-notch on mine and apparently most of their other guitars, yet they can't seem to do consistent neck pockets or fret slots.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Man, when I got my first custom my top two candidates were Acacia and Invictus... Thank god I dodged two bullets and went Black Water, and thank god I'm not so naive now.

It's too bad, I had always heard some things about Acacia, but always hoped they were great guitars because they mostly like real nice and back when I did contact them their customer service was great.

OP, I would definitely consider trying to get your money back, or a at least rebuild if you want to gamble on them doing better a second time. Builders need to continue to be shown that their customers won't just be satisfied by stuff like this being sent out. Nonetheless, if you managed to connect with it as is and really like it's sound and playability and all as is, don't let everyone here talk you into sending it back (unless the neck pocket/deep fret slots could cause major issues down the line).

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Man, when I got my first custom my top two candidates were Acacia and Invictus... Thank god I dodged two bullets and went Black Water, and thank god I'm not so naive now.

A LOT of us dodged that bullet thankfully.

NoahFett

Reaction score
Hey Noah, did you get any resolution with this?
I have returned the guitar for "repairs" in hopes of fixing all the issues with the guitar.

I emailed the guys at Acacia-the owner Scott took full responsibility for the problems and sent me a shipping label.

I liked the guitar enough to give them a second chance. I really don't know what to expect to happen, realistically in order to fix all the problems they might have to build an entire new neck. I'm just going to take a wait and see approach on this.

As soon as a hear back from them or receive the guitar back I'll let everyone know the outcome.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping the community in the loop. What's up with these small builders these days? In most cases, they offer to fix the problems, but why not just ship it out right the first time? Not only does it piss off the customer, but the rest of us certainly think twice before placing future orders.

Best of luck! I hope it all works out in the end :yesway:

Negav

Reaction score
And I thought they were better builders huh. The guitar looks amazing from afar but once you squint your eyes...

Dabo Fett

Reaction score
if i was going to go for a custom, acacia was always my first choice, i love love love that headstock for some reason, and they just look killer. but seeing this makes me so sad. i have terrible luck in general, if even one guitar slips through their QC, it would be mine of course haha

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
There's no way of fixing that neck. It'll have to be a rebuild. Glad you're getting a 'positive' response.

downburst82

Reaction score
I hope they understand that the way they deal with this recent batch of flawed guitars they have released will reallly set the tone for the company, its make or break time.They do seem to be on the ball with the customer service which always helps, If they make good on fixing all errors (not just on this guitar but a few others) and send back awesome flawless instruments then I think they might have a chance...

it just seems like almost every guitar ive seen from them recently has had issues. Makes you worry they dont quite know how to build a proper guitar......yet.. lots of potential,really like the design/aesthetics but need to see some examples of them getting it right.. I really hope they do for you noah!

')