NGD (after years of searching!)

• Thread starter DevinShidaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Ok so as some of you may know, I have tons of "dream guitars", but in the top 3 on that list is the Ibanez S7420FMTT, It's not the rarest guitar on the planet, and the bridge isn't the greatest, but god damn is it sexy. I have tried on several occasions to get one of these, and every time I do, something comes up. I either wouldn't have the money in time to get it before it's sold, or when I do have money, the guitar looks like it had been hurled down a flight of stairs. Well yesterday it was brought to my attention by jymellis that there was one for sale about an hour away from my house for $400! Sadly, I didn't have any money, and I was going to watch another one slip away. But then my girlfriend decided she wanted to be amazing :hbang: and offered to buy it for my birthday/christmas. So after that amazingly awesome surprise, I took off on a road trip to go pick this baby up, and met up with Josh, a fellow forum member to do the deal. I was not expecting it to be in the condition it was in. I'd say 8.5/10, which is awesome. So I sped home, took some pictures, conditioned the fretboard, and threw some new strings on it, and it SHREDS!

Oh, and did I mention it has Blackouts? I won't get to hear how they really sound until I can get to my rig (it's in our trailer in kentucky at the moment), but they sound pretty damn good through my headphone amp :)

ON TO THE PICTURES! (cell phone camera for the lose.)

downsized_1111091543.jpg

downsized_1111091544.jpg

downsized_1111091543a.jpg

downsized_1111091544a.jpg

1111091546.jpg
:bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Congrats, man, I know how stoked you are to get it.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I am a very jealous man right now :( Thats my fave Ibanez production model. Congrats though :p

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Stitch and PSP have both owned one of those.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Way to go man, one of these days I'm gonna have to snag one of those. Lucky bastard!

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
there's another guy in the same area selling the black pearl model with a Blaze in the bridge for about the same price too, crazy!

Vstro

Reaction score
So jealous man, congrats on the awesome new guitar. If you could have only had that when we were on tour together! One more guitar I could have tried to steal every day:lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Awesome geet dude!

I keep mentioning a guitar as a present to my girlfriend but she's a student now so I doubt it'll ever happen :lol:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
that particular one looks VERy familiar from the wear pattern on the trem, I may have owned that one in the past... what's the serial on it? PM it to me if you would?

EliNoPants

Reaction score
i love the body on the S series...why can't other superstrat designs be that comfortable?

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
Siiiiiiiiiiiiick! Kentucky ain't far. May have to....misplace it for you. Yeah....misplace it. :squint:

')