NGD - Agile 7 String Telecaster

• Thread starter L1ght
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
So, the Tele 7 has arrived and wow... I could not be more impressed. Either I have gotten lucky, or Rondomusic is just an excellent company. Maybe both. There is not a SINGLE flaw on this guitar. The wood grain is beautiful, there are no high frets, the fret ends are all smooth and the beveled ends line up perfectly with the fretboard. The headstock, the tuners, and the nut are all absolutely beautiful and nothing has any scratches, dents, swirls, flaws of any kind. The maple fretboard is absolutely beautiful!

Anyways, here are some pictures I took right now. I plan on taking MANY more photos in a little bit once I get ready to go outside. I just woke up when UPS dropped it off. :p

7550285626_0bd487c166_c.jpg

7550301972_f5823ecfb7_c.jpg

7550299640_225ef4f8de_c.jpg

7550297642_5d59982a3c_c.jpg

7550295700_fd19000916_c.jpg

7550287150_d7ebde79d1_c.jpg

7550289848_d2202b1c49_c.jpg

7550293354_997d26832a_c.jpg

7550291372_5476ed94de_c.jpg

I haven't plugged it in yet because I am a little busy right now, but I plan on playing it the entire day haha.

Anyways, I would like to speak about the neck profile a bit. It's obviously not Ibanez thin with it's 15" C profile, but wow, this is definitely one of the most comfortable necks I've ever played on. This guitar is by no means a "shredders" guitar, but I'm not a "shredder", so it's all good. That's not to say you can't shred on it, but I'm sure it might take a little getting used to if you play on thin necks like Ibanez.

Overall, I would buy this guitar a million times again. I consider myself very lucky that I got such a nice guitar, this being my first new guitar in my life ever lol.

Stay tuned for many more photos!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

celticelk

Reaction score
Happy NGD! Will be curious how you feel about those pickups once you've had a chance to plug it in.

EDIT: 1000th post! Sort of apropos that it's for a guitar that I'm seriously thinking about purchasing. =)

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Congrats! As a bonus, your photos make it look much nicer than those on the Rondo site. :yesway:

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Thanks a lot Roy! :wub:

Okay, as for the sound, the cleans and anything with low gain are amazing on this thing in both the neck and bridge positions. With high gain, the clarity is most definitely there, but it's like the pickups are limiting the gain because even when I roll up the gain, it's like they just sound the same lol. It's sound awesome, don't get me wrong, the bridge pickup really growls, but it's very limiting towards how much gain/distortion you can really use.

Looks like we're going to have to change that:evil:

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Happy NGD! Will be curious how you feel about those pickups once you've had a chance to plug it in.

EDIT: 1000th post! Sort of apropos that it's for a guitar that I'm seriously thinking about purchasing. =)

Check my last post, ;) Also, congrats on the 1000th. :)

Congrats! As a bonus, your photos make it look much nicer than those on the Rondo site. :yesway:

Aww thanks synrgy! Much appreciated!

celticelk

Reaction score
Thanks a lot Roy! :wub:

Okay, as for the sound, the cleans and anything with low gain are amazing on this thing in both the neck and bridge positions. With high gain, the clarity is most definitely there, but it's like the pickups are limiting the gain because even when I roll up the gain, it's like they just sound the same lol. It's sound awesome, don't get me wrong, the bridge pickup really growls, but it's very limiting towards how much gain/distortion you can really use.

Looks like we're going to have to change that:evil:

I tend to play with relatively low gain anyway (well, for this place - Warren Haynes/Pelican/recent Baroness amounts of gain, at most), so this might actually work for me right out of the box. Thanks for the update! Now go play! =)

peagull

Urwało mi dupę
Reaction score
Me Gusta.

The pics really do make it look a hell of a lot better than the rondo site. Too many guitars, not enough money.

HNGD!!

Takemyevil

Reaction score
Fuck Now i have serious GAS! Thats one nice guitar and you are one lucky guy!

L1ght

Truth Over Triumph
Reaction score
Me Gusta.

The pics really do make it look a hell of a lot better than the rondo site. Too many guitars, not enough money.

HNGD!!

Thanks! And I agree, not enough money lol.

Thanks!

Happy NGD! I officially envy you.

Thanks! :p

Fuck Now i have serious GAS! Thats one nice guitar and you are one lucky guy!

Thanks a lot evil. I really consider myself lucky for getting a really nice guitar. It looks like I got a nice piece of wood too because this thing really sounds incredible in drop A.:metal:

Reaction score
Me Gusta.

HNGD!!

^^^ This 100%. at the moment, not enough guitars, but definitely not enough money - especially since I'm trying to save up for a new car/truck. :wallbash: :noplease:

I'm curious to know what it looks like under the bridge and the pickguard... I am having a scheme to take one, swap the bridge with a normal string thru hardtail, route the bridge and neck spots for humbuckers, and maybe black hardware... I think :yum: would best describe that, not that it isn't really sharp to begin with, but still!!!

Will be keeping an eye on this thread, as it's given me hard core GAS for a Tele 7 and would be worth it if I can swap the bridge and throw humbuckers in it. If so, it may be my solution to an ESP/LTD Tele 7 and for a lot cheaper...

Happy NGD man! Congrats and good luck with it, she's beautiful!!!